Eurodam Interior Cabin Layout

CruiseCacher

Does anyone have the inside scoop;) on the layout of the interior staterooms on the Eurodam?

HAL's website illustrates two possible layouts:

(a) with the hallway door opening onto the side of the bed (shown on the bottom of the image in the link), or

(b) with the hallway door opening onto the sitting area (shown on the left side of the image in the link).

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/cruise-vacation-onboard/ships/ED/3D_545X_interior.gif

The illustration makes the cabin appear square. But, on the deck plans, the cabins are rectangular with two possible arrangements:

(L) Long - the hallway door is on the narrow side, making the room long (for example, cabin #L5185), or,

(W) Wide - the hallway door is on the wide side (for example, cabin #L5179).

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlans.action?ship=ed&deck=v

Which illustration matches which arrangement:

(1) illustration (a) matches (L), #5185, and illustration (b) matches (W), #5179, or

(2) illustration (a) matches (W), #L5179, and illustration (b) matches (L), #5185?

Thanks,

CruiseCacher

Does anyone have the inside scoop;) on the layout of the interior staterooms on the Eurodam?

(a) with the hallway door opening onto the side of the bed (shown on the bottom of the image in the link), or

(b) with the hallway door opening onto the sitting area (shown on the left side of the image in the link).

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/cruise-vacation-onboard/ships/ED/3D_545X_interior.gif

The illustration makes the cabin appear square. But, on the deck plans, the cabins are rectangular with two possible arrangements:

(L) Long - the hallway door is on the narrow side, making the room long (for example, cabin #L5185), or,

(W) Wide - the hallway door is on the wide side (for example, cabin #L5179).

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlans.action?ship=ed&deck=v

Which illustration matches which arrangement:

(1) illustration (a) matches (L), #5185, and illustration (b) matches (W), #5179, or

(2) illustration (a) matches (W), #L5179, and illustration (b) matches (L), #5185?

Thanks,

CruiseCacher

Best I can do is to point you here so you can read the descriptions and have a better look (I hope) of the layouts/deck plans... http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/index.html

Joanie

This sketch looks like the J- and K-category cabin on Main Deck.

The door on the side of the bed is a connecting door; the main door is opposite the foot of the bed.

Be advised, that those cabins are unlike other inside cabins on the Vista/Signature class ships. They are larger, with very different configurations.

Best I can do is to point you here...

Thanks... Although I didn't find any "L" category photos, I did find "I", "J", and "K". However, all of them are the "long" arrangement, so I still don't know what a "wide" arrangement looks like.

However, it was disappointing to discover that none of the photos show a wrap-around couch that is illustrated in HAL's diagram. Only the "I" cabin has a small sofa. The "J" and "K" cabins have only one chair and a small table that looks barely big enough for a plate and cup! Therefore, it's unlikely that the "L" cabin will be furnished any better. :eek:

So, what's with HAL's illustration showing a wrap-around couch plus a chair? :confused:

In fact, does the illustrated layout exist in any interior cabin on the Eurodam?

Bye4Now,

CruiseCacher

This sketch looks like the J- and K-category cabin on Main Deck.

The door on the side of the bed is a connecting door; the main door is opposite the foot of the bed...

Ahh... I didn't look on the main deck... And, on the deck plan the area is square -- which agrees with HAL's illustration. :o

So, can you confirm if those cabins have the large sitting area with the wrap-around couch?

Still, because of the substantial difference between the interior cabins on the main deck and the interior cabins the other decks, shouldn't HAL illustrate the different layouts? :confused:

Thanks,

CruiseCacher

So, can you confirm if those cabins have the large sitting area with the wrap-around couch?

Yes. I've stayed in several of them on the Noordam, E-dam, and Westerdam. That's why I was able to recognize what I was seeing in the sketch.

The straight part of the couch is the third bed in triple/quad cabins, so is fairly wide for sitting. After the bend there is little room for anyone else to sit. It's not as large as a sectional in a living room.

Two people can sit on the couch at the same time quite comfortably.

:cool:

After considerable research, on many ships of many lines, I have concluded that the best inside cabin going is the Holland America Eurodam, and Neiwt Amsterdam,s J cat on the main deck

they are 200 sq ft.... have 3 closets( nonr in the hall, a corner sectional sofa, and are the size it the bedrooms of the suites... they offer more living space and easier navigation than the outside cabins ( 185 sq and the 185 ft veranda cabins which only have 2 closets by the way)

To me this is the best bang for the buck presently going on any line or ship. I am taking a shakedown cruise in one for a week in November prior to spending 30 days in the Med in the same cabin J and deck Main.

I choose the J because it offered more than any other cabin other than a suite or penthouse.... for $$$$$$$$$$$$$ more.

Holand America informed me they are the " hot cabin" and go fast

:cool:

After considerable research, on many ships of many lines, I have concluded that the best inside cabin going is the Holland America Eurodam, and Neiwt Amsterdam,s J cat on the main deck

The same cabins on all the Vista ships are identical to those on the Signature ships, so you can add those to your list.

Also, the K-category Main Deck cabins on those six ships are the same size/shape as the J-category. They are further aft, which makes them less desirable (to me, anyway), but may make a good second choice.

Archived