Connecting room / doors and noise

Spanky My

Is it generally not a problem or should one consider moving elsewhere ? We have a room booked that looks like a good location in CC on sky deck /millineum but it has a connecting door. First time on celebrity and with a connecting door situation. Your thoughts ??

For your feed back . Its our first time on Celebirty and connecting rooms and a Balcony CC. We have cruised quite a bit but usually go for the the inside and spend the extra money elsewhere. This time it was a good deal and so we will checkout a new cruise line and cc/balcony. Looking forward to our february millineum cruise. Thanks again ....Spanky

We had 6146 on the Infinity with a connecting door to the Penthouse suite, next door. There was a 1" gap beneath both of the connecting doors, and you could clearly hear everything from the next room. We stuffed a bath towel between/under the doors to cut down on the noise.

The people in the Penthouse suite had a young son, who HAD to practice his clarinet every afternoon for an hour. Needless to say, we did not get many afternoon naps. He really needed the practice as he was really a poor player.:eek:

Is it generally not a problem or should one consider moving elsewhere ? We have a room booked that looks like a good location in CC on sky deck /millineum but it has a connecting door. First time on celebrity and with a connecting door situation. Your thoughts ??

We never had a problem and would book a connecting room again if those were the circumstances, although I have read of people who did hear a lot of noise. So if you can book a non-connecting in a similar area/category/price then I guess I would.

On the Summit, we had a connecting balcony room (which I usually try to avoid), and we could hear talking and other noises from the next cabin. Fortunately, they were not exceptionally loud, so we were not disturbed TOO much. Our friends were in a different connecting room and said they, also, could hear their neighbors. The clarinet practicing would have been a bit much, though.:eek:

Archived