kids' cabin switcharoo...is it possible?

On our cruise next year on the Oasis, we are booked in a balcony cabin with our 3 children 10,11 and 13 directly across the hall. No problem at all- as a previous poster said, as long as cabin is directly across (or alongside). We just got off the Norwegian Dawn a couple of weeks ago. We were not able to book like that- I was booked in the insides with my girls and my husband with my son. We were able to get extra keys but my son and I had to juggle 2 cards constantly- plus then he had free access to our room!! The kids were well behaved and no problems not having adjoining cabins.Contact your TA to make the switch and have a great cruise!:D

All should work out...unless there are issues...we have had families across from us who had to change their sleeping arrangements ...the kids were raising he** and pax complained...so an adult had to bunk in each room or they all had to debark at the next port.:eek:

Funny story about kids being independent and ordering room service:

The two girls were middle school age at the time and sharing an inside cabin. We were on HAL Zuiderdam and we were down the hall with the little guy in a junior suite. The girls decided they wanted 8 chocolate chip cookies (4 each) from room service so they called and made their request. A few minutes later they called us laughing hysterically to come down and see. They had 8 plates of chocolate chip cookies! Almost fifty cookies. Somehow, between the 5 of us we managed to eat them all!

I think a lot depends on the 12yo's involved in this situation - I would hate to be in the cabin next door if they're anything like my son & the kids he used to have overnight... they were good kids, but just simple things like keeping your voice down late at night would sometimes slip their mind. They would think nothing of watching a funny movie at midnight, laughing and yucking it up, hopping and wrestling all around.... I wouldn't want to be in the cabin next door to that. Definitely let their cabin steward know the situation, and let him/her know that if there are any complaints, you want to know about it!

This may be a liitle deviation from the prior post, but we have a group of 8 cabins and two of the families would like to switch. They are the same category, both aft cabins, right next to eachother. Because we are two differentl families, I think we should do it officially because of the seapass account, room keys, etc. We would like to switch Cabin 1700 and 1702. My husband, son and I are in cabin 1700 as of right now, but my friend has a family of four and thought they may be more comfortable in 1700 rather than 1702 if they need to get a rollaway bed or something. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh, this is Freedom of the Seas and we leave on September 26th out of Port Canaveral. Thanks.

This may be a liitle deviation from the prior post, but we have a group of 8 cabins and two of the families would like to switch. They are the same category, both aft cabins, right next to eachother. Because we are two differentl families, I think we should do it officially because of the seapass account, room keys, etc. We would like to switch Cabin 1700 and 1702. My husband, son and I are in cabin 1700 as of right now, but my friend has a family of four and thought they may be more comfortable in 1700 rather than 1702 if they need to get a rollaway bed or something. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh, this is Freedom of the Seas and we leave on September 26th out of Port Canaveral. Thanks.

It wont be a problem. Just visit the purser's desk (customer service) upon boarding and they will make the switch for you.

Really? "anyone besides the family"???? Who or what are you referring to and what do you think they would do????

I mean the staff of the ship. Or letting the kids tell others that ' Hey, we have our own room"..remember, at that age the youth group incorporate 12 year olds up to 17 year olds. ( see the family boards, I asked about this just several days ago)

And, before you all fry me, I am not saying that anyone working on RCCL is a pedophile. But lots of things can happen.

Like I said, It would make me very nervous.

Big ship, lots of people ,..I would not put my 2 -12 year olds ( and I have 2 -11 year olds ) alone , unless it was a connecting cabin.

Your multiple ??????? indicate you think I m being silly...I am not.

I mean the staff of the ship. Or letting the kids tell others that ' Hey, we have our own room"..remember, at that age the youth group incorporate 12 year olds up to 17 year olds. ( see the family boards, I asked about this just several days ago)

And, before you all fry me, I am not saying that anyone working on RCCL is a pedophile. But lots of things can happen.

Like I said, It would make me very nervous.

Big ship, lots of people ,..I would not put my 2 -12 year olds ( and I have 2 -11 year olds ) alone , unless it was a connecting cabin.

Your multiple ??????? indicate you think I m being silly...I am not.

We've never had an issue with our kids having their own cabin, even when they were as young as 12. We gave them basic safety rules to follow (do not let anyone into your cabin, do not give out your cabin #, etc). (My girls have been babysitting since they were younger than 12, and very similar rules apply.)

We "tucked them in" at night and made sure they bolted the door. We awoke them in the morning. They only opened the door for us. We kept in touch via stateroom phone. It was fine.

Oasis upcoming Thanksgiving week. Our group has 4 cabins: two "hump" balconies side by side across the hall from two Central Park view cabins also side by side. Currently, both sets of parents are in balcony cabins. No change needed there. 22 year old sister + 12 year old brother in one CPV cabin and ditto with the other CPV cabin. Same ages and everything. Girls are best friends and the boys are friends. The girls want to share a cabin and the boys want to share a cabin. We couldn't book it that way because of the age rule.

Will we be allowed to make this switch when we check in??? What are the chances? Any ideas or insight out there?

Just do it. NOone will know who is sleeping where. I would tell the kids not to tell anyone...just for the safety of the 12 year old kids. Of course, they would need to be able to follow the rules you have set. This way is actually better, IMO, because the 22 year olds will be out late and the 12 year olds must be in their cabin by 1 (ship rules.)

Archived