Can I bring a flat iron/hair straightener?

newcruiser52

Packing to leave in one week! DH and I having difference of opinion whether this applicance is allowed on board. I see the restriction on 'travel irons', but assume that is of the clothes variety; he claims it's the same thing and same fire-hazard/too much electricity draw issue.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Bev

Packing to leave in one week! DH and I having difference of opinion whether this applicance is allowed on board. I see the restriction on 'travel irons', but assume that is of the clothes variety; he claims it's the same thing and same fire-hazard/too much electricity draw issue.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Bev

Absolutely not!And should you try to anyway,it will be confiscated!

Simply ask your BUTLER to press your garments for you if necessary!:cool:

Simply ask your BUTLER to press your garments for you if necessary!:cool:

I wasn't clear - it's not a CLOTHES iron. It's a HAIR straightener. Along the lines of bringing a blow dryer I would think, except that I know I don't need to bring blow dryer as s/b provided. I called it a flat iron, that may be wrong terminology to some folks.

But LOL Tom, thanks for the visual about a Butler taking time each day to help me straighten my hair for dinner. I'd be tempted except we are in C category, so no butler anyway.

So, anyone? Hair straightener seem ok?

I wasn't clear - it's not a CLOTHES iron. It's a HAIR straightener. Along the lines of bringing a blow dryer I would think, except that I know I don't need to bring blow dryer as s/b provided. I called it a flat iron, that may be wrong terminology to some folks.

But LOL Tom, thanks for the visual about a Butler taking time each day to help me straighten my hair for dinner. I'd be tempted except we are in C category, so no butler anyway.

So, anyone? Hair straightener seem ok?

No problem.The irons as you know are a fire hazzard.A hair iron probably is as well but are not banned.

I brought my flat iron (used it twice a day!)! The air is humid, so I'd find that even after straightening (No... I'm not going without! :)) my hair would curl up. Bring along some frizzing cream as well, it really helped! I did find that as the trip went on I was less and less picky about perfectly straight hair, but no, never went totally without.

Enjoy! It will be an fantastic vacation!!

Archived