Oasis/Allure Shows

cds62

It is my understanding from reading various posts in Cruise Critic that it is recommended that you reserve tickets for the evening shows in Oasis/Allure in advance. Could someone pleae explain the procedure for this? When you reserve tickets is it for a specific seat or just a guarantee to have a seat in the theater. We have sailed Royal Caribbean many times but never on an Oasis class ship so are not familiar with this procedure.

It is my understanding from reading various posts in Cruise Critic that it is recommended that you reserve tickets for the evening shows in Oasis/Allure in advance. Could someone pleae explain the procedure for this? When you reserve tickets is it for a specific seat or just a guarantee to have a seat in the theater. We have sailed Royal Caribbean many times but never on an Oasis class ship so are not familiar with this procedure.

About 3 months out the option to reserve shows will be under your reservation on the RCCL site. I reserved all ours on July 2nd for our cruise on Oct 2nd. Be aware, they fill up fast, so keep an eye out for the option. Also if you are sailing with others and have their reservation number you can put them in also. :)

We just got off the Oasis yesterday. It was FABULOUS!

The shows were EXCELLENT!

Reserving the shows online ahead of time is very important!!!

If you dont, you have to go standby and wait in a long line until

10 minutes before the show, and seats are impossible to find, especially together.

You reserve these shows thru your reservation on the RCCL website.

It is a good idea on Royal's part, for crowd control.

They scan your sea pass when you enter the theater.

The ICE show was packed and no seats were left, so I do recommend

reserving that one first!

We just got off the Oasis yesterday. It was FABULOUS!

The shows were EXCELLENT!

Reserving the shows online ahead of time is very important!!!

If you dont, you have to go standby and wait in a long line until

10 minutes before the show, and seats are impossible to find, especially together.

You reserve these shows thru your reservation on the RCCL website.

It is a good idea on Royal's part, for crowd control.

They scan your sea pass when you enter the theater.

The ICE show was packed and no seats were left, so I do recommend

reserving that one first!

Do you have to be paid in full before you can reserve? Also, in your opinion what are the must see shows to reserve 1st?

I booked our shows mid May, long before final payment for our Aug 21 sailing. I kept looking at my reservation page too see when they became available, and when they did, I booked right away. Hairspray, Come Fly with me and Frozen in Time were excellent. I did have the Aqua show booked for the 2nd night, but due to technical problems, it was cancelled

about 20 minutes into the show. Richard and the divers seemed to be

more disapointed than the passengers. I read on CC it was down the 2 sailings prior to ours, so I knew not to get too excieted over it if there

was a problem. I saw they had been working on fixing it on embarkation day and they really did try to get it up and running. A few days later,

it was up and running but they had condensed the day and evening shows into one, so we were happy we did get to see that.

I would pre-book the Aqua show too, the theater fills up quickly even with

reservations and the standy line is long as well!

Great - as soon as reservations open we will be booking:

Aqua Show

Hairspray

Come Fly w/ Me

Frozen in Time

If there's any other shows that are a must see please let me know. I can tell this cruise is going to go so fast. So much to do....:D

Great - as soon as reservations open we will be booking:

Aqua Show

Hairspray

Come Fly w/ Me

Frozen in Time

If there's any other shows that are a must see please let me know. I can tell this cruise is going to go so fast. So much to do....:D

There will also be a headliner show sometime during the week that you will need to reserve.

Please do not stress about this. It's a good idea to reserve your shows ahead of time, but you may also find that your plans may change once you are onboard. That's the beauty of this system: you can opt out of the show because you haven't reserved a particular seat, and because there is no charge for the show. If you decide you want to do something else, your "seat" will go to someone in the standby line. It all works very well. :)

A tip, IMO - try not to book anything on the first evening, especially Hairspray (if it's on - I can't remember). If you are like us, you will be tired from travelling and on "sensory overload" as it is... I couldn't imagine sitting through a production show the first night. :p

Have fun, everyone. :)

• 1 month later...

OK, I am 99% sure I am going on the Oasis December 11th 2010. Since I will be reserving it just about a month in advance, will there still be online reservation slots available for all shows? Anyone know if it is too risky to book an inside cabin on the Oasis 1 or 2 weeks before sailing? Also, I can't find this info- is Atlantis resort an excursion that's available from the Nassau port?

Archived