Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

80's. Blech.

:D

If you are not eating up all your internet minutes can you tell us what's going on on-board? Someone just posted that there was a loud explosion and then black smoke from one of the smoke stacks. And the ship isn't moving.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1264678

We have the cable, and the camera recognizes the computer, but the computer doesn't recognize the camera. We think that we need the camera software installed on the computer, but the computer, being a netbook, doesn't have a disk drive.

Isn't there a card in the camera and doesn't the netbook have a card slot? That's how we put our pictures onto the computer...

The first night, we took advantage of the new Diamond Plus BOGO coupon for a specialty restaurant.

We ate at Chops.

O. M. G.

It was fabulous.

The filet was tender but firm, perfectly cooked, flavorful, and filling (of course). I had the petite, and could barely finish it. Lorna SWEARS that she ordered the petite, but hers was twice the size of mine, so I think that they brought her the regular. (which she, of course, couldn't finish)

"Side" dishes were excellent: Broccolini, roasted potatoes with prosciutto & parmesan, baked potato, steamed asparagus.

Lorna started with the crab & lobster cake..........she is still having orgasmic flashbacks.

I had the cured fish trio - halibut, salmon, tuna, carpaccio style, with an avocado garnish to die for.

Yes, we managed to choke down dessert. New York Cheesecake and caramel apple crunch pie.

Yum doesn't even begin to describe it. BOGO glass of wine, too - a very nice New Zealand Meritage.

Well worth the half price. :D

Next post: OASIS OF DREAMS. I have pictures of EVERYTHING and will post them along with description after we go see HAIRSPRAY.

Buh bye for now.

You can't stop the beat.

We have the cable, and the camera recognizes the computer, but the computer doesn't recognize the camera. We think that we need the camera software installed on the computer, but the computer, being a netbook, doesn't have a disk drive.

It is possible the camera is setup in picture bridge mode. It would need to be setup for USB mode which the computer would then see the camera as a flash drive. I know this happens on a lot of models of sony cameras. When you plug the camera in and turn it on, there should be some indication on the screen as to what mode it is in. You want it to say something to the effect of USB/mass storage. If it is setup as picture bridge then the PC will ask what program you would like to launch for this device, in which case you would need the camera's software on the PC. If you have the camera setup as a USB mass storage (flash drive) device, it will see the camera as a removable storage (hard drive) device listed under my computer (where you see drive C, drive D, etc). I Hope this info helps!!! I am despirate to see the pictures too!!! :eek::D

The Concierge Lounge on the Oasis blows everything else out of the water.

It is elegant, large, well-laid out, lots of light and windows, always several personnel to attend to your every need, served breakfast, served lunch (full menus).

Another plus: We came to the CL around 5:15 yesterday, because we wanted to use the computers before relaxing with cocktails. The waiters were already circulating and serving. It never got crowded, the waiters returned often with an offer of another drink. You know how the hot hors d'oeuvres are sort of a rotating list? There are six or seven, and each night they serve two or three? Well, in the Oasis CL, they serve all of them all of the time. Plus the usual cold ones: brie on black bread, egg salad-y stuff, other stuff on bread, a cheese plate, a fruit platter. Very impressive, and really a sign of RC stepping up to the plate to make the experience for Suite Guests worth the extra bucks. Diamond Plus members should just feel grateful that we are allowed to share in this privilege - at least for the time being. ;)

Who are your concierges in the CL? I think that Julian Quierco is supposed to be one. He was our Concierge on Enchantment a few years ago and he is fabulous.

If you are not eating up all your internet minutes can you tell us what's going on on-board? Someone just posted that there was a loud explosion and then black smoke from one of the smoke stacks. And the ship isn't moving.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1264678

Another poster from Oasis says there was a loud noise and black smoke from a smoke stack and no you all are just floating. Is this the case, have you heard anything?

Hi everyone,

We've just heard back from Royal Caribbean's corporate communications folks, and spokesperson Cynthia Martinez told us, " I just checked with our marine folks and there is nothing going on with Oasis." She said the marine-ops people were not aware of any especially loud noises.

We're trying to get a little more information on what the noise could have been, so stay tuned.

Hi Carol, Hi Lorna!

This is Lisa, from the Monarch cruises. It sounds as though you are having a wonderful trip, I wish I could be there, too, but saving my time and $$ for Alaska next year. Have a drink, or two, or three for me! Talk to you soon, and safe travels.

Carol, thoroughly enjoying the blog.

Lisa

I have a lovely picture to post of OUR BALCONY WITH A LOUNGER ON IT!!!!!!!

Yeayyyyy did Stewart finally come through for ya????

LOL!!!!!

So why did you go and break the ship? Carol (dirtgirl) is posting about the black smoke from earlier. We can't let you ladies go anywhere can we? :eek:

If there was a poof of black smoke and a power outage, sounds like a bow thruster.. this happened to us when we were on the Serenade a few years ago... we didn't even know it happened until the captain came on to announce it. It really didn't have a major effect on us, we stayed docked in St Thomas for about an hour later and they fixed it.

Isn't there a card in the camera and doesn't the netbook have a card slot? That's how we put our pictures onto the computer...

No, it's a not-new Dell.

I'm going to try to download drivers from the internet later tonight.

Hi everyone,

We've just heard back from Royal Caribbean's corporate communications folks, and spokesperson Cynthia Martinez told us, " I just checked with our marine folks and there is nothing going on with Oasis." She said the marine-ops people were not aware of any especially loud noises.

We're trying to get a little more information on what the noise could have been, so stay tuned.

My extraordinarily reliable sources, since they are onboard, tell me that it is normal maintenance.

The ship farted.

It's a normal procedure to clear accumulated gunk out of the exhaust.

No problems.

:)

Archived