Dreaming about your cruise...........

melodienj

Hey there.......I was just wondering if anyone feels the same way that I do about your cruise. From what I have been reading on this board going on a cruise sounds absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to go and expierence the things that I have been reading about here. What are you all looking forward to? For me the list is growing longer and longer by the day. For me the more I think about the longer it feels until it gets here. I am really looking forward to lounging on our balcony or near the pool. The slide looks cool and of course being a person who loves to eat I can't wait to eat everything in sight!! Still over 200 days and counting. Everyone at work thinks I am more looking forward to the cruise than our wedding.(which is the day before our cruise) I laugh knowing that its not true but comes in a very close second.

Anyway.........for all you "newbie" cruisers and "seasoned" cruisers what do you look forward to doing on your vacation most and what were some of your favorite things that you did when you went on your cruise?

can't wait for then of my over night shifts then it means only 15 days till we leave.Can't wait for the foo-foo drinks,the endless food,the vegas style shows..but most importantly..Spending time with my DH without our kids:D. and nobody to cook and clean for.

I have actually had a few nightmares about our next cruise. The last time we cruised, I managed to not bring a few outfits for two of my daughters for the dining room. Those are the only outfits we actually plan. Thankfully, we were with a group and they got to "shop" in someone else's suitcase. But now I'm dreaming that I get on the ship with no clothes for myself. But, since the ship is actually attached to a shopping mall, I have no problems. For some reason, pets were also allowed on the ship. We don't leave until 7/17, and I can't imagine what I'll be dreaming as it gets closer. The good things I dream about are spending totally, uninterrupted time with my daughters and husband. Marcia

I am dreaming about waking up to room service and then heading down to the dining room for breakfast to be followed by a nice rubin to be eaten by the pool accompanied by a nice cold corona. Then a nice afternoon burger or one of those steak sandwiches that I have been hearing about. I guess by that time it will be time to head to the cabin to get ready for dinner which of course I would need a snack of cookies or brownies to keep my strength up so I could get ready. Head down for dinner and later on get a pizza or head over to the midnight buffet. Of course there will be plenty of corona's and fru fru drinks to be had also. :D

I'm looking forward to not having to cook, clean or change diapers for 8 days (I do daycare, on TOP of having 2 of my own children, so do the math on those, LOL). I look forward to sleeping in (though to me, anything past 7 is sleeping in, and I plan on making the most of my vacation). I'm looking forward to the food, seeing new places and cultures, getting a TAN, meeting new people. LIstening to some good steel drum music, relaxing with a fruity drink in a neat place. Spending time with my DH, my best friend and her DH. just hanging OUT and doing as much or as little as I like. I'm actually looking forward to a galley tour as well (although I cook "family style" a lot, I'm actually really into cooking in general). most of all, I'm looking forward to making many memories that will last me however long it is til our NEXT cruise...with 2 little ones, it could be a WHILE. ;)

My wife and I met on the Oriana in December '84, and Spirit next year will be our first cruise since - so, looking forward to the vast improvement in vessels, and having a balcony cabin to sit and enjoy a refreshing libation from. That, and being at sea and having someone else do all the work - I've just finished twenty years in the Royal Australian Navy. Not being on a grey ship is going to be odd...:D

Mal

*Waking in the morning to have coffee on the veranda....

*The excitement of the ship pulling away from the dock...

*Coming into the cabin after breakfast to find beads made, clean bathroom with fresh towels....

*Foo-foo drinks with little umbrellas by the pool

*Lying on you veranda pretending the whole ship is YOUR own!

**the best....planning your NEXT cruise!:D

We'll be on the Miracle 12/23/05. This will be our honeymoon cruise & our first trip alone. (Fiance has an 8 year old daughter that we've vacationed with.) I'm really looking forward to unwinding after all the wedding stress & just spending quality time with my honey!!!

I love spending the time with my family but not having to cook and clean for them. I don't have to drive my son anywhere because he can walk to all the entertainment. We don't hav to worry about a designated driver because wherever you go you walk. This past cruise we were fortunate enough to have an extended balcony with a lounge chair on it. When I have a difficult time falling asleep I dream I am again falling asleep as the ship is cruising to another port of call. Ahhhhhhhh I miss it.

Archived