Is Chops or Portofino really a "romantic" setting?

ryano

Another vote for Portofinos! I liked Chops too, but Portofinos was better in my opinion. As for romantic, I think any place can be romantic if the dining companions are in the "mood". You'll be fine with your mom. I've eaten there with my husband a few times and we had our wedding reception dinner at Portofinos in 2004. Go for it.

We prefer Portofino's over chops.

I would recommend scheduling the Murder Mystery. This is one of the best deals on the ship. Not only will you get a decently entertaining show, but you also get a special menu with unlimited wine. That night I recommend ordering the steak.

If you go to Portofino's on the non murder mystery (which I would also recommend if you do the murder mystery), you will not be disappointed. That night I recommend you get the skewer seafood main entry. It is awesome and what I always get!

As to romantic, I have been to chops with my wife, and since then, we always go to the specialty restaurants with our group.

I'm a solo traveler and my cruise buddies are my 2 best friends ... "myself" and "I" ;)

I go to eat where I want to eat (I am also one of those solo people who refuse to eat at the bar)

Even if it is "romantic" - if you want to go have a nice meal with your mom then go with your mom! It is YOUR vacation ... you will never see these people again! :D

I think the tables by the windows are rather romantic if the moonlight is reflecting off the waves. However, it doesn't have to be romantic. It really is the people and the mood not the place that make things romantic.

I've been to Chops & Portofino several times. I usually like to eat at each of them once, although I prefer Portofino. On Brilliance hubby and went with another couple to Portofino and by ourselves to Chops. On Radiance, hubby and I went with my folks and aunt & uncle to Chops and by ourselves to Portofino. On Serenade, it was just mom and I so we went to both Portofino and Chops together. I didn't feel out of place in any of those situations.

Archived