"Courtesy" Passport Stamps

lookin4ward

Can you still take your passport to the pursers desk and leave them to be "courtey" stamped in ports like Grand Cayman and Cozumel where passports are not required? You used to be able to do this, but I think I heard somewhere that immigration was no longer doing this. Anybody know?

• 1 month later...

DH took his passport in Grand Cayman to have it stamped. There was an office where someone worked who would stamp the passports, BUT, there was no one in the office, (out to lunch) .I t was 11:30, and the sign said they would be back at 1. We wanted to have lunch on the ship, so we left. You have to travel with them, but no one wants to stamp them. So sad.:(

When we cannot find anyone in the immigration offices on shore we go to a post office. They will stamp your passport for you as well.

I don't recall seeing an immigration or a post office at the pier in Cozumel but was not looking for one.

someone posted the locations i will go to my email and see if i still have it. the one in cozumel is downtown. $7.00 cab ride.

ok, just checked my email and my saved threads.. i don't have it. so i didnt save it BUT i did print it off. so when i get home i will get that paper and put the info here. my friends really want to get stamps too. so i have the info on grand cayman, isle of roatan, belize and cozumel (just know its downtown)

ok, i'm home and i got the paper i printed off from a forum here about the passport stamps. in grand cayman it's right after you go thru port security fence to the right.

in roatan it was right after you went thru port security fence.

in belize its right were you get off the tender to the right. it's upstairs in a building just ask someone. they say its easy to find.

in cozumel they said was the hard one, it's in the downtown area and have to take a taxi. but they never said where.. i'm thinking maybe the taxi driver would know.

when we go in two weeks we're going to mr. sanchos so i figured i'd ask the taxi driver to take us first downtown for the stamps then to the beach.

ok, i'm home and i got the paper i printed off from a forum here about the passport stamps. in grand cayman it's right after you go thru port security fence to the right.

in roatan it was right after you went thru port security fence.

in belize its right were you get off the tender to the right. it's upstairs in a building just ask someone. they say its easy to find.

in cozumel they said was the hard one, it's in the downtown area and have to take a taxi. but they never said where.. i'm thinking maybe the taxi driver would know.

when we go in two weeks we're going to mr. sanchos so i figured i'd ask the taxi driver to take us first downtown for the stamps then to the beach.

In Belize last March we had to exit the tenders and walk to the south (left) to the last strip mall within the port fence. Walk through that mall (open air shops of crap) and you will exit into a parking lot where there is a tiny shack to the left that has an immigration decal on the door - that guy will stamp them for you.

i was on the valor oct. 3-10, and on the advice of people on these boards, i took my passport to the (former-pursers desk) passenger desk, and asked about my passport getting stamped. the person at the desk said no problem. the afternoon of the last port, there was a message on my cabin phone that i could pick it up anytime.

so i now have cozumel, grand cayman, hondouras, and belize in my passport. i was so excited!

It has worked on 10 cruises so far. I just asked very nicely. Hope it might work for you.:)

WE have tried on the Freedom, Inspiration and Glory and were told on all three that Carnival no longer gets the courtesy stamps in passports anymore.

I'd imagine, it comes down to whether or not somebody at the purser's desk feels like bothering to do it, that cruise.

Bill

Just a thought, I would never put anything not authentic on my passport. Yes it is cool to have stamps on it, but I would mess with my passport.

Why do you say it's not an authentic stamp? The ship does not have the stamp, you (or the ship's purser in some cases) must seek out the immigration/customs officers in port to get them.

Just a thought, I would never put anything not authentic on my passport. Yes it is cool to have stamps on it, but I would mess with my passport.

It is an authentic stamp so no problem. I have had a passport many years--renenewed several times and have stamps from flying in and from cruise ships. Same stamps. :)

If you mean unofficial, as with the Grand Cayman and BVI stamps I've gotten, I've had no problems with CBP - and I've come through with my passport not only cruise ports such as FLL and Port Canaveral, but also airports such as CLT and JFK.

The "courtesy" stamp I've gotten in Ocho Rios is the same one they use for "regular" travelers.

Archived