"Courtesy" Passport Stamps

lookin4ward

I have no interest getting my passport stamped unless I have to. Why do folks want this done, to show off to friends at home or something? Just show them the pictures of you in Jamaica, they will believe it without seeing the stamp. Maybe it's just me.

A few reasons: With the price of a passport, I'd like to get some use out of it, other than showing it and having it scanned by the relevant CBP officials.

It's a free souvenir. For the most part, the places to get a passport stamp are right by where one has to walk through anyway.

My photos are tucked away in albums - upstairs, downstairs, who knows where. But when I got my passport stamped again in Nassau last week, I saw another Nassau stamp almost three years ago to the day, and it sparked a conversation on how much fast time has gone by and what we did on that cruise.

elcuchio it is just like you picking up a magnet or postcard. it is a rememberance of going someone other than another us state. it's a personal choice. just like yours to not get one done. it used to be mandatory when traveling overseas that they stamped your passport, now its not.

elcuchio it is just like you picking up a magnet or postcard. it is a rememberance of going someone other than another us state. it's a personal choice. just like yours to not get one done. it used to be mandatory when traveling overseas that they stamped your passport, now its not.

It's still mandatory, just not when you are on a cruise ship. If you fly to Jamaica they will stamp you in and out just like in any other country. To each his own, and I'm not a nostalgic person. I can pretty much remember which countries I have been to without looking at the stamp. I guess it's just the lengths that people go (taking cabs to a place to get it stamped, etc.) that suprised me.

So I am flying into Miami from Toronto... will I get a passport stamp then?

Also, I think this is a really neat idea. Anyone know if I can get a stamp in Half Moon Cay, Bahamas & Grand Turk? (I saw you can get one in Nssau, Bahamas - which I will try to do)

Thanks for the help & info :)

So I am flying into Miami from Toronto... will I get a passport stamp then?

Also, I think this is a really neat idea. Anyone know if I can get a stamp in Half Moon Cay, Bahamas & Grand Turk? (I saw you can get one in Nssau, Bahamas - which I will try to do)

Thanks for the help & info :)

Not sure about the canada stamp......when we go to canada sometimes they stamp us and sometimes they just look at it and ask the usualy questions...but then again that is at a crossing and not an airport. As far as the rest go, you will have to seek out/make an effort to get stamped anywhere else, they will not do it otherwise....

Archived