Just back from the "Oasis" 8-21-10 to 8-28-10

We were on the same sailing and went to all of the specialty resturants. Fantastic!! wonderful and well worth the extra money. The MDR food is ok (not great but not bad either) but the food in the resturants was top notch. Chef Table = 5 stars, 120 Central & Chops = 4 stars and Giovanni = 3.5 stars. Also the Park Cafe (no extra cost) was great for lunch. Great sandwiches and salads!!!

The ship is pretty special too:)

Park Cafe was also great for breakfast if you didn't want to fight the crowds in the Windjammer and also if you wanted to keep yourself from loading up a huge plate. Easy to find seats outside the Park Cafe too.

We were on the 8/21 sailing, deck 14, port side aft, cabin 14274...balcony OBSTRUCTED in my opinion...yes you could look down and out and see the ocean with no life boats blocking your view...NO...you could not look aft or forward to see views of the ship or ports when sailing or docked...BLOCKED by the ships superstructure to support facilities of deck 15 above...and this was a hump cabin...never had any sun on the balcony due to the overhang.

Stay away from port cabins 14270 through 14280 if you covet a balcony with good sea views and sun, same applies for the corresponding starboard cabins across the deck.

Then again, $1200 each for this D6 Balcony cabin was still a good price... balcony's are like a box of chocolate....you know how the rest of the saying goes.

Enjoy your cruise!

-MACE-

Hello Mace, thank you so much for your comment. We are in 14328? You know anything about this location, its the very last room on the back of the ship? What cabin were you in when you sailed? Any noise issues?

Regards

Leanne.

A detailed review of the specialty restaurants would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not very good at reviews but there is a detail review of all of the specialty resturants done another CC member. His review is excellent with pictures. We were on different sailings but we had some very similiar experiences. Hopefully the link works... if not just do a search on the board.

The Almost Complete Food Lovers Guide to the Oasis of the Seas

Hello Mace, thank you so much for your comment. We are in 14328? You know anything about this location, its the very last room on the back of the ship? What cabin were you in when you sailed? Any noise issues?

Regards

Leanne.

Hi Leanne:

I think you've chosen a awesome cabin in 14328...last port side aft cabin. You should have great aft views, as well as corner views being able to look forward up the side of the ship, not to mention possibly seeing the ships wake.

You also will have quick access to the 'secret' large balcony at the end of the deck 14 port side hallway...great for watching the Aqua Shows and port sail aways.

Nice cabin choice!

We were in 14274, also a aft port side cabin, a hump cabin albeit with a 'regular' size 'obstructed' balcony...I like your choice much better!

Enjoy your cruise and take some pics to post of your great balcony views

Im wondering why its taking so long for my review to be published....it was a very good review...i hope i don't have to do another one cause i can't remember what i wrote...i don't know why i forgot to save it. Im mad at myself cause i took so much time writting it. Diane

Im wondering why its taking so long for my review to be published....it was a very good review...i hope i don't have to do another one cause i can't remember what i wrote...i don't know why i forgot to save it. Im mad at myself cause i took so much time writting it. Diane

Hmm, no new reviews for the Oasis, still at 186 Member Reviews...I've been checking and looking so forward to your review.

BTW, couldn't find you on Facebook, when I type in Oasis of the Seas, my own webshot link comes up. Would love to see the cabin crawl pics...I'm Paul Macey on Facebook, email is pmacey1999 at yahoo dot com...could you send the pics or a link?

Thanks in advance!

Can you remember the menu choices for the nights.?...I am sure that is hard to do...but we have agreed to meet folks Tues night Day 4 at Giovannis and I know some of my party will be concerned about what they are giving up for free at the MDR...but on this ship you need to book ahead to be sure of reservations.......thank you for any help you can give.........

hmm, no new reviews for the oasis, still at 186 member reviews...i've been checking and looking so forward to your review.

Btw, couldn't find you on facebook, when i type in oasis of the seas, my own webshot link comes up. Would love to see the cabin crawl pics...i'm paul macey on facebook, email is pmacey1999 at yahoo dot com...could you send the pics or a link?

Thanks in advance!

im on facebook..diane marie eschrich...my review is also published today ...ill try to send the photo later. Diane

Hi Leanne:

I think you've chosen a awesome cabin in 14328...last port side aft cabin. You should have great aft views, as well as corner views being able to look forward up the side of the ship, not to mention possibly seeing the ships wake.

You also will have quick access to the 'secret' large balcony at the end of the deck 14 port side hallway...great for watching the Aqua Shows and port sail aways.

Nice cabin choice!

We were in 14274, also a aft port side cabin, a hump cabin albeit with a 'regular' size 'obstructed' balcony...I like your choice much better!

Enjoy your cruise and take some pics to post of your great balcony views

Oh brill, i will defo post some pics or i can mail them to you if you like, just one question for you, had you any noise issues where you were located? So is the secret balcony just outside our cabin then??!!!! Really looking forward to it now that i think i've a good cabin - the trip from Ireland will be worth every cent!!!!!

Mace,

Wow your pictures are truly amazing what kind of camera do you have? Are you a professional photographer? It looks like you had a great time. What is the one thing that we have to make sure we do..( that is if you can pick one)

Hi, thanks for the comments on the pictures!

We were using a Samsung Dual Touch Screen 12.2 mega pixel digital camera, small and compact...great little camera

Roast Beef Sandwich in the Park Care and the Zip line come to mind as something not to miss.

Also check out the small decks all the way aft, port and starboard side on deck 14, as well as the larger private deck all the way forward, port side on deck 14...you'll have excellent views of the bow of the ship, with two telescopes available on the 'wings' that stick out.

Should also mentioned all the way aft, outside on deck 5, there are all fashioned wooden lounge chairs to sit in and enjoy views of the ships wake.

Enjoy your cruise!

Oh brill, i will defo post some pics or i can mail them to you if you like, just one question for you, had you any noise issues where you were located? So is the secret balcony just outside our cabin then??!!!! Really looking forward to it now that i think i've a good cabin - the trip from Ireland will be worth every cent!!!!!

Would love to see your photos, perhaps you can set up a free webshots account when you return and post them for all to see and enjoy

We did have some cabin noises in our cabin 14274, we were a little more forward than your location so I'm not sure if you'll experience this, but around 5am for the first 3 nights, there were some banging ship nosies coming from above...they then stopped for the rest of the cruise.

Couple tips: ensure your balcony door is always closed tight, handle pulled down to the right, towards the floor, otherwise, you'll hear the wind whistling, maybe even howling...also, first time in your cabin, turn the A/C all the way down to the left for maximum cold air, seems the stewards don't have it on full blast...and never turn off the master switch when you leave your cabin, otherwise...the A/C goes off

Enjoy your journey from Ireland to get on the Oasis, you're gonna have a great time!

I'm not very good at reviews but there is a detail review of all of the specialty resturants done another CC member. His review is excellent with pictures. We were on different sailings but we had some very similiar experiences. Hopefully the link works... if not just do a search on the board.

Thanks. :) Here's the link:

BrianAlt's review is definitely great, but I would like YOUR opinions please. Other people's views are always helpful and appreciated on these boards.

I just read your review and loved it! It was weird though, there was another persons review just above yours that had nothing but complaints about the ship (for the most part) and they were on the same sailing. I guess you just can't please some people. I say if you are fortunate enough to go on this wonderful ship and you come back w/all those complaints, you can never be pleased. We leave tomorrow for our turn on the Oasis, your review and pictures just further fueled our excitement! Thank you.

Would love to see your photos, perhaps you can set up a free webshots account when you return and post them for all to see and enjoy

We did have some cabin noises in our cabin 14274, we were a little more forward than your location so I'm not sure if you'll experience this, but around 5am for the first 3 nights, there were some banging ship nosies coming from above...they then stopped for the rest of the cruise.

Couple tips: ensure your balcony door is always closed tight, handle pulled down to the right, towards the floor, otherwise, you'll hear the wind whistling, maybe even howling...also, first time in your cabin, turn the A/C all the way down to the left for maximum cold air, seems the stewards don't have it on full blast...and never turn off the master switch when you leave your cabin, otherwise...the A/C goes off

Enjoy your journey from Ireland to get on the Oasis, you're gonna have a great time!

Wow thanks so much for those tips! I had a peek at your pictures and noticed one from the top looking down at the Aquatheatre, is that the area where you can view from near our cabin!!!

Bklynangel, we are sailing Oasis in April. We actually just switched from Freedom to Oasis yesterday. I noticed in your review you mentioned you took a train to Fort Lauderdale. I would love to get some more info from you on this. We live in Michigan and my DH has been looking to do a train vacation. There isnt one that goes direct from Michigan but we could possible drive to a station and get on there and at least do a partial train trip. Could you share more info on that?

Where did you board the train, how many stops did it make, how was sleeping on the train, how far was it from the station in Lauderdale to the port, etc. If its easier I can give you my email address instead of posting here. THANK SO MUCH!!

Bklynangel, we are sailing Oasis in April. We actually just switched from Freedom to Oasis yesterday. I noticed in your review you mentioned you took a train to Fort Lauderdale. I would love to get some more info from you on this. We live in Michigan and my DH has been looking to do a train vacation. There isnt one that goes direct from Michigan but we could possible drive to a station and get on there and at least do a partial train trip. Could you share more info on that?

Where did you board the train, how many stops did it make, how was sleeping on the train, how far was it from the station in Lauderdale to the port, etc. If its easier I can give you my email address instead of posting here. THANK SO MUCH!!

The train was fun. You get all your meals if you get a sleeper. They have sleepers or bedrooms both on the same style. You can catch a train in penn station, new york if that is closer to you. That station has baggage check in. I caught our train from Trenton NJ. We had alot of stops but it ddn't feel that way. I took train 97 going and 92 coming home. The 97 is the silver meteor. Its a comfortable ride. I loved the relaxation of not driving. You have to get your tickets in advance...advance reservations. Coach seats are about 200 round trip and another 400 round trip for a sleeper...this is for two people. I slept like a baby on the train, i had no problem with it. It cost about 27 dollars with the tip to take a cab from the train station to the port but we stayed overnight in the hilton marina which is right across the street from the pier. The cabs are at the train station and not hard to get. We took a cab to the pier anyway the next day. There are only two trains that leave from NY to Miami a day. We usually get the 418 pm train. Coming home it leaves Ft lauderdale at 930am or 1230 pm ...we took the 1230pm which is a longer ride, but at least we made it to the train on time. If you need anymore info, let me know. We are taking the train next year to get on the Allure of the seas this time.

I just read your review and loved it! It was weird though, there was another persons review just above yours that had nothing but complaints about the ship (for the most part) and they were on the same sailing. I guess you just can't please some people. I say if you are fortunate enough to go on this wonderful ship and you come back w/all those complaints, you can never be pleased. We leave tomorrow for our turn on the Oasis, your review and pictures just further fueled our excitement! Thank you.

Have a great trip and believe me...your going to love it. Go to the shows and make sure you plan your day the night before so you dont miss a thing. Make sure you try a roast beef sandwich and salad in the park cafe. The adult area is a nice place to hang out. I never felt crowded...i dont know what the other person was talking about and we were never in our room...only just to sleep. Thanks for reading my review .....Diane

Can you remember the menu choices for the nights.?...I am sure that is hard to do...but we have agreed to meet folks Tues night Day 4 at Giovannis and I know some of my party will be concerned about what they are giving up for free at the MDR...but on this ship you need to book ahead to be sure of reservations.......thank you for any help you can give.........

steak, turkey the night before last, lobster one night (My daughter had it) All the food was good, but cant remember some of the menu. They had some cold soups, salads...and chicken all excellent.

Archived