Dream out of Port Canaveral on Saturday 9/4

zims

I'm hoping I can get some help from all the experts here...

I am flying into Orlando on Friday and departing on the Carnival Dream this Saturday. I've come to peace that the weather may not be sunny the entire time as I had hoped, but, now I'm beginning to become concerned the trip will even be a go.

What does everyone think the weather may look like at Port Canaveral on Saturday, and if weather is a factor, what is Carnival likely to do.

Should point out this is a Western Caribbean cruise.

Thanks everyone!

I'm hoping I can get some help from all the experts here...

I am flying into Orlando on Friday and departing on the Carnival Dream this Saturday. I've come to peace that the weather may not be sunny the entire time as I had hoped, but, now I'm beginning to become concerned the trip will even be a go.

What does everyone think the weather may look like at Port Canaveral on Saturday, and if weather is a factor, what is Carnival likely to do.

Should point out this is a Western Caribbean cruise.

Thanks everyone!

On Saturday, it'll be around 90 degrees and partly cloudy 30% chance or rain, which is typical this time of year. Should have similar weather on Friday for your fly in. Both Earl and Fiona (assuming she isn't eaten by Earl) will be long gone. So your trip down around Key West to the Caribbean should be relativley smooth. there is a small system behind Fiona that might develop and head toward the Caribbean but that'll come later next week, if it happens.

Weather will be fine for flying in and departure. It's just rain, not like it is an accumulation of snow and ice.

I am in same situation as OP. I am flying in the same day sat morning down to Orlando. I am not concern if the cruise is a go or no go. I am concern about airport close or delays.

I did have to cancel my Glory cruise backed in 2003 becuase of Hurricane and I can't fly down to Miami.

The hurricane is no threat of hitting Florida. It's going to go north up the coast, but off the coast, if that makes sense.

If anything, you may have some choppy water as you make your way down the coast of Florida to get to the western carib. Once you're around the peninsula it should be pretty awesome weather actually. Only when you come back 'home' is there potential for rough weather again, and that's only if there is another storm system in the Atlantic, which isn't looking like there will be.

Just FYI - even though hurricanes are huge, they are not so big that they will be in both the eastern and western carib at the same time. Also, these hurricanes tend to suck up a lot of moisture, so if you happen to be on the periphery of the storm (or farther) then you're probably looking at some beautiful weather. Living in Florida that's one of the things I've noticed... a day or two before a hurricane plows through we have just gorgeous weather - lightly scattered (non-raining) clouds with a steady light breeze - because the hurricane is sucking up everything it can. So in other words, if there's a hurricane in the eastern carib, chances are you're going to have fantastic weather in the western carib.

Archived