Did we make the right choice choosing Princess?

rajones007

Well, I did it. I told the TA to forget it. She was taking too long, then told me this morning she'd have to wait for my original TA to come back from holidays in another week. They're too busy. I just want it done and over with so I can back to my regular life and try to forget about the cruise until January.

So I booked the cruise myself. Plus the flight and hotel in FLL the night before. That was easy.

Just waiting on my girlfriends passport so I can complete the online forms. It should be here in a few weeks so there's lots of time.

What's the deal with vaccinations? I know I'm over-thinking things, but I seen it mentioned in the Princess documentation and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to get some sort of official document saying I'm up-to-date. I always get the seasonal flu shot too. The only thing I'm lacking (that I know of) would be hepatitis A & B.

I don't recall vaccinations ever being mentioned before my first cruise in 1995. It never even crossed my mind.

Unless you fall into some medically at-risk group, I don't think you need worry about Hepatitis shots. I traveled for years and years without it; only got it eventually because it was a requirement for enrolling in graduate school. If you tend to have freak accidents involving bloodshed (like me!), it's a good idea to have an up-to-date tetanus booster. But there are no required shots for the Caribbean.

...is in my opinion the last port i want to cruise from. we usally do a New York repo and stay on for a second week. sitting in the Horizon Court and watch all the people standing in long lines, rain or shine, still with their luggage convinced us to cruise to San Juan but never from SJ. The time of your cruise is important as well,we found that the SJ roundtrip cruise is very, let's say lively, and alot of alcoholics in the pool drinking getting louder and louder and rude to other passengers. All in all Princess is going down hill and we cruise with them only for longer (14 and more days) voyages. This applys not to every single cruise but noticable on 7 day cruises.

greetings, TP

From reading what I have on the Celebrity boards, they are very anti-smoking, so if I were still a smoker, I fear that I would be looked down upon on a Celebrity ship. My DH still smokes on occasion, and I wouldn't want him to be given a hard time, so we stick with lines that are not so stringent so he can have a good time without feeling like a second-class citizen. Otherwise, Celebrity seems like it is a nice line.

Celebrity doesn't give anyone a hard time if they follow the rules and use designated locations. They will come to your cabin if you smoke in it or on your balcony. I am an ex-smoker but haven't had any issues on a Celebrity ship but yes, there are some smoking snobs who only have to see a cigarette to become miserable. They are everywhere not just on X.

Celebrity doesn't give anyone a hard time if they follow the rules and use designated locations. They will come to your cabin if you smoke in it or on your balcony. I am an ex-smoker but haven't had any issues on a Celebrity ship but yes, there are some smoking snobs who only have to see a cigarette to become miserable. They are everywhere not just on X.

Oh, I wasn't referring to Celebrity itself - I was talking about the people on the Celebrity boards being very anti-smoking...and they are very adamant, which is fine. That's why many of them choose Celebrity. I just wouldn't want the other people looking at my DH as though he's a second class citizen because he still has an occasional smoke, so until the day he decides to quit, I would probably avoid sailing on Celebrity.

Archived