Howard Ave. Parking/New Orleans

srussell

Hello,

I have read that there is a parking garage on Howard Ave. that is approximately $8.00 per day with one day free. The total for 7 days with tax is $58.76. It is covered, secure parking with a shuttle that takes you to the port and back after the cruise. It is only 4 minutes from the port. Sounds really good but.......

Has anyone used this parking garage? Your feedback is appreciated.

The website is www.airportparkinginc.com

Thanks

srussell

Hello,

I have read that there is a parking garage on Howard Ave. that is approximately $8.00 per day with one day free. The total for 7 days with tax is $58.76. It is covered, secure parking with a shuttle that takes you to the port and back after the cruise. It is only 4 minutes from the port. Sounds really good but.......

Has anyone used this parking garage? Your feedback is appreciated.

The website is www.airportparkinginc.com

Thanks

srussell

I don't know yet but we're gonna try it. Only problem for us is that we want to some site seeing in NO after the cruise and don't where will hold our luggage. Any ideas?Will port hold it? Otherwise will be off to Mobile for cruise 2.

If it's the one I think it is, it's only about a three minute drive from the cruise terminal, right in the downtown area, not far from the train station. It's a pretty new garage, built a few years ago, and it's used for commuters mostly...people park in there on weekdays and they have a shuttle to the main office buildings in the area.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know yet but we're gonna try it. Only problem for us is that we want to some site seeing in NO after the cruise and don't where will hold our luggage. Any ideas?Will port hold it? Otherwise will be off to Mobile for cruise 2.

I hope you come back and let us know how this parking works out for you. Looks to be the best deal around, and we're interested in using it in March if I can find some positive feedback.

Enjoy your cruises!

• 3 weeks later...

If it's located int he 900 block of Howard Avenue, I'd consider parking elsewhere. I used to park there for work, and moved to a different locaiton because there is no elevator in the garage, homeless people sleep in the stairwells (and use them as toilets), and the garage is NOT secure. Anyone can walk into the garage any time of the day as there are no attendants.

Try Fulton Place Parking. Cruise parking is $10 per day, and it's right across from the terminal.

If it's located int he 900 block of Howard Avenue, I'd consider parking elsewhere. I used to park there for work, and moved to a different locaiton because there is no elevator in the garage, homeless people sleep in the stairwells (and use them as toilets), and the garage is NOT secure. Anyone can walk into the garage any time of the day as there are no attendants.

Try Fulton Place Parking. Cruise parking is $10 per day, and it's right across from the terminal.

It doesn't give you an address until after you book, but the site says:

Howard Avenue Port of New Orleans Garage Parking

safe, secure garage parking locked at night

4 minutes from Port of New Orleans

Complimentary shuttle to and from Port

Thanks for this tip as well. While the Howard St. parking says the rate is $8 per day, there's also a $5 fee and tax. The Fulton Place Parking doesn't show any other fees or taxes, so it's basically the same price.

Sidebar-I guess I was spoiled to get $45 cruise parking in Galveston. LOL

I wanted to Thank you for the very helpful information! I was going to use the howard avenue one and was very leary about it! I know the area of the Fulton street and yes, this is a better location for this purpose! I will write when I am back and let all know if it is ok as I believe it will be. Thanks again!

• 6 months later...

the Howard Ave Parking garage is very economical, very secure, and has awesome service. We just used it for our April 16th cruise on the Carnival Triumph. Max was waiting for us at the garage when we arrived. He showed us where to park our car, put our luggage in the van and drove us to the port.

Upon our arrival in New Orleans the following Saturday, we called Max after getting through customs. He was at the port to pick us up within 15 minutes.

This was a great experience. We would recommend Howard Ave Parking to anyone looking for convenience and economy. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Before parking with Fulton Garage we stopped by Howard Garage, which you can google and get the adress... The garage seemed ok and it gave us feeling of a good place..I did not saw "bumbs" and the driver was very informative. I always want to check a second place just in case my first option changes. :) It seems that you have posted 2 messeges that are negative to this garage???

I think grannyjosepine post is most accurate that the ones from you. :)

Thank you for your post tought!

• 1 month later...

My experience last November was very good. Max was very nice and helpful. This was my plan for this cruise but now the price for my 7 day cruise would be 96.40. I decided to book the HI Superdome park & cruise package since we want to do some sightseeing. 139.99 for the night with 8 days parking and a shuttle to the port.

• 8 months later...
Never heard of it. I don't like that they don't seem to tell you where it is until you make a reservation.

For luggage:

http://www.advancecheckin.com/

I would not recommend advancecheckin. After reading about them here, I used them in April to pick my bags up at my hotel, and deliver them to the ship. Sounded like a great plan. They said they'd pick them up between noon and 12:30, and that they'd call when they were delivered. Long story short, they weren't delivered to the ship til 8:30, with a sailaway time of 9:00. That was after several phone calls, and much stress!

Archived