Cigar lounge on Atlantica?

CaptainDaddy

Does anyone know if there is a cigar lounge on the ship? I don't see one on the layout of the ship in the brochure. The last ship I was on had a beautiful one with big comfy leather chairs. Mind you we were going to Cuba and the Dominican. If not, no big deal I have a balcony.:cool:

Hi CaptainDaddy,

From what I have read, part of the Café Florian is set aside as a cigar and brandy lounge late at night. However, another site said the Club Atlantica had a part set aside as a cigar and brandy lounge late at night.

Guess we won't know for sure till we get there. I enjoy a cigar as well, probably will see you there.

Happy Cruising!

Captain Daddy:

On both ships, the Atlantica and the Mediterranea, they have a special cigar and brandy bar, which is located on the 11th deck.

On the Atlantica it is the Club Atlantica, on the Mediterranea it is the Club Medusa.

Hope I could help...

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your help once again, your presence on this board has been missed. Great review, I hope Costa is monitoring this board and makes some changes on the itinerary as I am thinking about doing the Eastern tour next year. Adding St. Maarten is a great idea, been there twice myself and loved it.

Thanks again Andy,

Happy Cruising:)

Thanks for the tip. I have a few from my humidor ready to enjoy the first few days. Then I'll find something in Grand Cayman. I know of a couple of nice cigar stores in port that have a nice selection of affordable cigars. I look forward to some Non Cubans this time. Frankly, I have had my fill of Cohibas. I'm looking forward to some Central American blends. Nothing better than a nice cigar along with a cold one looking out over the ocean on a sea day. :)

Our smoking experience on the Atlantica was great. We didn't have many cigars smokers on our cruise, but the staff was VERY attentive.

Like Chaparral97 has recommended, bring your own cigars. The ones on board are VERY pricey, and they didn't care if you had your own.

Had a great time. Not many cigar smokers in Club Atlantica the night I was there though. Staff were great. Found a nice place in the island village in Ocho Rios where they made some nice hand rolled Jamaican cigars. Only $2 and $5 each. Nice smoke by the way. Had to bring a few of those back. It was a stones throw from Jimmy Buffetts.:)

Sorry, I don't remember the name of the place. It was the only place that I saw selling cigars in the "Island Village" so I dont think you'd miss it. If you leave Jimmy Buffett's store and go to the right it'll be on your right, just up a couple of shops. I hope that helps.:)

• 7 months later...

Archived