expedia

cindybeach

We recently made 2 flight bookings using Expedia -- open jaw 2 one-ways. Just got an email from Expedia today that airline had informed them of a change in departure time for one of our flights (which is not until Oct)! We have not checked with the airlines to confirm our bookings -- for one of the flights we have paper tickets and the other an e-ticket. /Sultan

This is our first time with expedia so i am unsure of their procedures. I used the airline record number they gave us in the itinerary and the airline has no record. I emailed the airline and they told us to contact expedia so this is why i became nervous.

You are right. The email confirmation from Expedia gave 2 confirmation numbers -- Expedia and Airline -- but did not give the eticket number. The Expedia email says simply to present the email at check-in. I was planning to get in touch with the airline to request the eticket number with the excuse that we wish to get boarding passes the day before by internet. But Expedia's email today letting us know about the change in time was reassuring. I wonder whether if one makes a reservation using a TA one gets the eticket number. /Sultan

Never trust a company like Expedia. Orbitz, Travelocity with your flight times.

Keep track of them yourself at the airlines web site! They have the best intentions, but we all know where that can go.

If you sign up for the Frequent Flyer program (free) you can usually keep track of your itinerary with your airline confirmation number.

Good Luck

Read this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=130178

I'll take it one step further - why book with expedia or travelocity when you can book directly with the airline. Their pricing is no different from the airline plus they add a handling/service fee to the fare. I use them to search for what I want, then go directly to the website of the airline and book it direct. I have heard too many horror stories about folks thinking they booked their airfare thru expedia or travelocity for given times/prices only to be contacted 24 hrs later and told that the price has gone up because it hadn't been booked yet and they must pay more if they want that flight/time. This will not happen if you book the flight from the airline website. Companies like expedia or travelocity are an unnecessary middleman to me. Middlemen add the potential for mistakes and trouble. I know there are folks that like these companies but I personally have no need for them other than to be used as a search engine. Happy Sailing!

The flights I got from Expedia were NOT sold directly by the airlines! So please do not generalize. Thank you. /Sultan

Partial Quote:

I'll take it one step further - why book with expedia or travelocity when you can book directly with the airline.

Archived