Golf Cart

golfer1966

Mike, I see you're a local to Key West. Be honest here. LOL

DH and I were looking into renting an electric car. I'm not interested in walking to the southernmost point, but I do want a picture there. I know, touristy.:rolleyes: We also thought it would be fun just to drive around. We don't want to go in all the houses and museums, just troll around.

Is the parking really that bad? Like if we drove to the southernmost point, is there a place to park the electric car? I don't want to waste the money if we are stuck in the car and can't get out and look around every once in a while.

Thanks for any input!

Yes parking is really that bad. You will probably have to walk at least a couple of blocks from where you park to the SMP. There is no parking there.

Since this is your first visit and you are going to be here all day why not take the Conch Tour Train http://www.conchtourtrain.com/ (buy your tickets online) which will give you a great overlook of Key West in 90 minutes and then decide what you might like to see more of in depth.

You will dock at one end of Duval St and the SMP is near the other end which is only 14 blocks (a mile and a quarter) or so and there is all sorts of shops and galleries in between. It is only about a 25 min walk.

If you don't think you could walk that far, take a taxi for $6 rather than spend $100 on one of those cars and then have to worry about parking.

Just my opinion,

Mike:)

• 1 month later...
You talked about alot of shops in between where we dock and smp...does it feel like a long walk..or are plenty of places to sit and watch and shop??

To reiterate:

" You will dock at one end of Duval St and the SMP is near the other end which is only 14 blocks (a mile and a quarter) or so and there is all sorts of shops and galleries in between. It is only about a 25 min walk."

Duval Street is a total tourist shopping district with plenty of bars interspersed so there are lots of spots to duck in along the way.

It is NOT a long walk and it is totally flat.

Mike:)

We rented a cart from these people. They are located right at the pier when we docked and took up by shuttle to their hut. We were literally on our way in 10 mins. 99 bux for the day for a four person cart. We had a great time sightseeing. !

Archived