Is a 2 night cruise too short to really enjoy?

needalatte74

We did the Norwegian Spirit out of Miama, and Celebrity Solstice and Soverign of the Seas out of Ft Lauderdale, and I considerd them to be much too short. We basically took the NCL cruise to go to the Private Island, but they cancelled that, and went to Freeport instead (ugh). We didn't even get off the ship

My biggest complaint about the 2-night cruise is it is mostly a 'Booze Cruise' except for the Solstice. It seems like the main goal of the 'clientele' was to get drunk and stay drunk the entire time. Many times this involved sitting on the edge of the hot tubs, so it was impossible to use them with out running the gauntlet

So, I think we've had about enough of the 2-nighters

I guess it does sound like a dumb question...

My husband and I have always sailed on 7 day or longer cruises.

We have a 2-night weekend getaway booked with our kids. This is their first time cruising and we thought a 2-nighter is a good starter cruise for them.

I've always enjoyed taking advantage of all there is to do on a ship. Trying all the dining venues, entertainment options, spa, etc.. So a weekend cruise leaves me thinking there's not much time for anything much except laying by the pool..

What are your thoughts?

A two nighter is too short for me. Day one, board. Day two, pack. Day three, debark. Not much fun.

Archived