Sydney, How long to spend at Louisbourg

Wondering if anyone could give us an idea of how much time is required to see Fortress of Louisbourg? We are renting a car and would like to see the Fortress and the Miner's Museum in Glace Bay. If we do both, we would only have about 4 hours in Louisbourg. Is 4 hours enough time? Any ideas would be so appreciated. Thank you.

We will be there on September, 27. Thank you for the info, I will see if I can find out how much is open. We are also interested in the Miners Museum at Glace Bay. Have you visited the museum and do you think it is worthwhile. How long should we spend there? Did you enjoy the two hours you had at Louisbourg, even though everything was not open? Thank you so much. Mary

The Fortress is fully open until Oct. 15: http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/ns/louisbourg/visit/visit3.aspx

How long you spend depends upon you, but four hours should be pretty good. The Miner's Museum is excellent as well.

Renting a car is the way to go. Get to Louisbourg in time for its opening. Be sure to have lunch there, and then head to Glace Bay.

You will need to see when they do the tour because that is what you want. You may need to contact them for an appointment.

http://www.minersmuseum.com/visitor_information.htm

I took the tour two years ago, and even for someone who has lived in NS all my life, I found it very interesting. You get to understand a bit of what it was like down in a coal mine and what the lives of the miners were like.

Archived