Shopping in Costa Maya

cruiseloverohio

OK.....I am seeing pictures of a place right at the dock that looks great and part of the photo file is "Mahajual" from the first person who responded. The second person that responded said "Majahual" and made it sound as though it was not near the pier....a short cab ride.

Can you all clarify? THANK YOU SO MUCH

So is there shopping in the resort type area right at the docks? What kind of shopping?

Diamonds International and most of its relatives :( Places that sell overpriced vanilla, ugly statues and stuff. T-shirt shops. Purveyors of counterfeit "designer" stuff. Tequila shop. Of course, if people didn't want it and buy it, the stores would go out of business. So while those places won't get my money, they appeal to lots of people and meet the shopping needs for souvenirs, etc.

in the pictures above, where are the taxis to take people to Mahuhual? Are they down the road that's red brick? or are they the vehicles you see in the picture? I've seen on another website, that mentioned they were down that red brick road a block.

What about the big buses you can take to Mahuhual? Where would they be? Also i've read that it's kind of confusing to find an exit out of the Costa Maya village to get to the taxis. Where on those pics above would the exit be found?

THank you for your help. It's always good to know where you're going so you don't waste time once you're there.

in the pictures above, where are the taxis to take people to Mahuhual? Are they down the road that's red brick? or are they the vehicles you see in the picture? I've seen on another website, that mentioned they were down that red brick road a block.

What about the big buses you can take to Mahuhual? Where would they be? Also i've read that it's kind of confusing to find an exit out of the Costa Maya village to get to the taxis. Where on those pics above would the exit be found?

THank you for your help. It's always good to know where you're going so you don't waste time once you're there.

What they use to take you to town is small buses or vans ($3 PP). You board them in the circle drive between the building and the red brick road. Coming back to port you will use a small car taxi and they will drop you off at the same location you boarded the bus/van ($2 PP). If you want a car/van taxi to go somewhere besides the village you would walk down the red brick road a few 100 feet or you could ride to town in the bus/van and get a taxi (or tour)there.

• 3 weeks later...
What they use to take you to town is small buses or vans ($3 PP). You board them in the circle drive between the building and the red brick road. Coming back to port you will use a small car taxi and they will drop you off at the same location you boarded the bus/van ($2 PP). If you want a car/van taxi to go somewhere besides the village you would walk down the red brick road a few 100 feet or you could ride to town in the bus/van and get a taxi (or tour)there.

Thank you kindly. I don't do well with new places, so knowing where i need to go is extremely helpful. Thank you.

• 3 months later...

Costa Maya isn't known for "nice" beaches. Turtle grass is common and natural there, but all the places on the beach work to keep their areas clean. There are all-inclusives close to town and several a few miles away- we go to Maya Chan. You can just get to town and find a place- most let you hang out as long as you buy food and drink. We like the AI at Maya Chan because the people are very nice, the food and drink are great, kayaks, bikes, snorkling (with a guide) are all included and they have very comfortable beds and chairs- their website is "costamayabeachresort.com". They even have some computers at the bar so that you can check your e-mail for free and contact people back home. We've been there twice and want to go back. They have a small gift area and ladies who do massage, but there are no vendors pestering you- I love that about this place!;)

Hello. Going to Costa Maya in Feb. and trying to decide on the all inclusive resort or just taking a taxi to Mahahaul. What else can be done there besides some nice shopping? Any nice beaches there? Thanks for your help.

The beaches there (Mahahaul) are beautiful! I don't think you'll be dissappointed - this was one of our most favorite stops! Wish I could be back there.....:) P5060349.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived