Star Balcony? BA or BE?

barbl123

@barb|123

The major criterion for us is the location of the balcony. To us a cabin is cabin. But a balcony is not a balcony. We will not cruise unless we can have an aft-facing balcony, which on NCL means a BA cabin. Those balconies are protected from the wind when the ship is underway, and on a trans-Atlantic crossing that means 6-8 days of traveling. Find out where exactly that cabin is located - and on which deck. If possible, take a deck that has cabins above and below yours, rather than potentially noise places.

As in real estate, think "location, location, location."

The difference between and among the various categories of balcony cabins is the location on the ship -- forward, aft, midship, and which deck. Otherwise, the balcony cabins are the same. By going to a BA, you may have a better choice in terms of locations that many pax find preferable -- having cabins above and below you, and being on a higher deck. I have those same preferences, and also try to avoid being near the stairs/elevators.

Some folks feel there is too much motion for them in the forward part of the ship, in which case a BA will get them a midship cabin.

Go to NCL's web site, click on the deck plans for the Star, and you'll see the various balcony locations, which should help you decide what is best for you.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

There are two BA's aft on each of deck 9 and 10 I believe. Ten has the spa above it, but that is a quiet area. You have to book VERY EARLY to get these rooms, as they are some of the most popular and go fast!

That is where I will be on Jan. 29th, 2011! My DSis and BIL will be in the other on deck 10 next to us. We booked a year and a half in advance.

I believe that the catarory will change in May of next year and these rooms will be a more expensive catagory.

Archived