How to Get to Ilet Pinel?

mitaxi

Great place. Take a cab. It's past Orient Beach. You'll then take a short people ferry boat ride to the island. I think it cost 5 dollars per person for the ferry boat. Try to find someone to share the cab. We made arrangements with our cab driver to come back. As it turned out he couldn't make it and sent someone else. If memory serves me right there were cabs waiting in the parking lot to take people back.

I sat on the beach all day. The water is calm and shallow. You can explore and walk the island. Years ago it use to be much bigger but the hurricane cut it up and made Orient Beach what it is today. Locals go here. There's at least one eatery with great seafood and bar-b-que. Little pricey but not too bad. DH explored the island and met the former owner of the island's daughter. She was running a ice cream shack. He has a nose for ice cream. You can hike a little and go to the snorkling site that the cruise ship's tours go to. The beach looks like a tropical dream. There are topless beauties. Didn't see total nudity but I stayed on the closest beach to where everybody arrives. You can rent chairs and umbrella's. This is one of our top 10 places in the world. Enjoy!

OC Pat

Do you know what time the first ferry boat ride goes over to Pinel? Want to get off the ship as soon as we can and take the cab to the ferry boat dock. just want to get an early start to leave lots of time for some shopping later in Philipsburg.

Emmy

The ferry boat is continious. I don't think we've ever waited more than 10 minutes. It may be as much as a 30 minute wait but I doubt it. They'll tell you what time the last boat return to St. Martin. It's a very short ride.

Radio station-I listen to many stations from public radio, talk and rock and roll. Not sure how often I listen to 98.1. I have a 3 hr. ride tommorow. So I'll check it out and let you know next week. I usually have a lot on my mind and don't listen to the name of the station that I have on in my car radio. My husband thinks I'm a lost cause with music. Now you got me real curious about the station andas to why you asked.

Radio station-I listen to many stations from public radio, talk and rock and roll. Not sure how often I listen to 98.1. I have a 3 hr. ride tommorow. So I'll check it out and let you know next week. I usually have a lot on my mind and don't listen to the name of the station that I have on in my car radio. My husband thinks I'm a lost cause with music. Now you got me real curious about the station andas to why you asked.

The DJ on the new morning show on WOCM, weekdays 6-10 is Bulldog. He had been a St. Maarten fixture for the past six years on St. Maarten's Laser 101. He recently moved to Ocean City with his 'Bulldog's Rude Awakening' morning show.

I think it's a great show, with some down-island information thrown in from time to time. (I listen over the internet)

I'd bet that you could score a WOCM t-shirt if you call in (723-9626) and tell him that 'The Taylors' told you to call. Let me know how it turns out if you try.

Gary

Archived