Cruising Life Cycle

reklawr

A few years back I remember reading a post regarding the Phases of Cruising. I just read a post by another that reminded me of the post from several yars ago. I borrowed some of his content and blended it with what I remember from the post a few years back. It may have been ChesterH that posted this at one time.

Doesn't everyone go through similar phases?

Cruising life cycle

1. Research & Discovery
  2. Booking
  3. P&P (planning & preparation)
  4. Cruise
  5. Memories & Withdraw – hopefully the memories are long – but they should be quickly supplanted by more Research & Discovery

I would appreciate your comments to help shorten the time spent on phases 1,2,3 & 5. :D

A few years back I remember reading a post regarding the Phases of Cruising. I just read a post by another that reminded me of the post from several yars ago. I borrowed some of his content and blended it with what I remember from the post a few years back. It may have been ChesterH that posted this at one time.

Doesn't everyone go through similar phases?

Cruising life cycle

1. Research & Discovery
  2. Booking
  4. Cruise
  5. Memories & Withdraw – hopefully the memories are long – but they should be quickly supplanted by more Research & Discovery

I would appreciate your comments to help shorten the time spent on phases 1,2,3 & 5. :D

The best way to resolve the gap between #1 and #4 is to have a cruise planned to be taken in between that planned event. :D

Hi Roy,

yes those phases seem right to me. It would be nice if we could shorten the process but to be honest, I love the anticipation almost as much as the cruise itself.:). I would like to anticipate more frequent cruises though!;)

Hi Roy,

yes those phases seem right to me. It would be nice if we could shorten the process but to be honest, I love the anticipation almost as much as the cruise itself.:). I would like to anticipate more frequent cruises though!;)

Hi Peg, I can do without the anticipation. Just get me on the water!

Cruising life cycle

1. Research & Discovery
  2. Booking
  4. Cruise

I NEED 1 thru3! That's half the fun!

Ya, #5 give's withdrawal attacks!!!!:eek: BUT, the worst thing about #5 is when the credit card statement comes and you have to pay for your on-board charges!!!!:eek::D

Cruising life cycle

1. Research & Discovery
  2. Booking
  3. PAP (planning, anticiation & preparation)
  4. Cruise

I made a slight modification as mmp13 (Peg) and denims suggested the anticipation phase is important to many of us.

Cruising life cycle

1. Research & Discovery

2. Booking

3. P&P (planning & preparation) Being on CruiseCritic 24/7

4. Cruise

5. Memories & Withdraw – hopefully the memories are long (and posted on Cruisecritic) – but they should be quickly supplanted by more Research & Discovery

I go through the same cycle! My cure for #5 is to book another cruise while on board, that way as soon as you get home # 3 can start all over again!! :)

Yes indeed. Booking another cruise on board eases the withdraw symptoms in phase 5 and provides a direct route past phase 1 & 2 and immediately sends you to Phase 3. :D

Hi Roy,

Im with you.... I love the anticipation and research of the cruise almost as much as the cruise itself:rolleyes: My husband and I have countdowns, and leave little notes about the upcoming trip. We are getting ready to sail on the Solstice in less then 3 weeks, but Im already thinking about the next cruise!!!!! Our first cruise was just 5 years ago, and we have been on 16 already... JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Lucky you, Everytime we think we will be able to do more than one cruise a year, something comes up that requires us to travel for a wedding etc. One of these years! we leave on the Mercury in 6 weeks and have a cruise planned for the following fall on the Silhouette. Already anticipating that one as it will be first US sailing. We are so lucky to have such wonderful things to look forward too!

Peg, You're right Anticipation is a major phase of most everyone's cruising life cycle. I've added it as a major step.

1. Research & Discovery

2. Booking

3. Planning

4. Anticipation

5. Preparation

6. Cruising

7. Memories & Withdraw

Some day we will cruise together again and just maybe more than one cruise a year!:D

Wow, I thought this was going to be about the evolution of which Cruiselines you take as you get older (or better informed)

First Cruise, Carnival or Royal

Second, Royal or Carnival whichever you haven't sailed.

Third, your favorite of Carnival or Royal.

Fourth, A deal too good to pass up on a different line.

Fifth, Back to the favorite.

Sixth, Princess, NCL, or Celebrity to see what the next level is.

Seventh, another deal.

Eighth, back to the favorite.

Ninth, To the Favorite to get the first "elite" level.

Tenth, European Line to see how they stack up.

Eleventh, Time for Crystal, Sea Dream, Cunard, or Seabourn.

Twelfth, back to favorite based on benefits, itinerary, deals, or whatever

Thirteenth thru 200th. See number 6 thru 12.

Archived