Dog Sledding Time

adios

you could check out ERA aviation. they will book independently if they have room. they are the carrier that all of the cruise ships use to do the helicopter tours and dog sledding tours. i tried to book through them independently rather than booking through the cruise ship, but the day i wanted to go, they were booked with the cruise ships. apparently 4 other ships are expected in town that day. i booked through the cruise ship instead. it was $30 more per person. only thing i didnt like about ERA is that they have a 48 hour in advance policy for cancellations. they also say that if the ship doesn't dock in juneau for some reason, they won't refund because you didn't cancel in advance. if you book through the cruise line, if the ship doesn't dock, the cruise like will refund for you. $400 is a lot to lose if for some reason beyond your control you need to cancel.

We booked through Shoretrips. I already have the confirmation, & they used Coastal Helicopter. The cancellation policy says that we can cancel for any reason, up until 10 days out. If the ship does not make port or if the weather prevents the tour operator from operating the trip, we have 12 days to inform Shoretrips & receive a full refund. We used them for 3 tours, because in many cases Celebrity makes it impossible to book 2 tours in one day. Through Shoretrips we were able to. Just another option. :)

I forgot to add that our tour is supposed to be 3 1/2 hrs. This includes transfer time. The flight is supposed to take about 20 min. each way. Sorry, but that's all the specifics I know.

Archived