Pier Fishing in Roatan

jmjpro

Can anyone tell me if there is a place to fish in Roatan that is not on an excursion? My husband would like to go fishing but would really just like to maybe go to a pier or something like that.

I asked it in the Roatan page but no one has answered. Wondered if anyone here knew.

Thanks in advance

Can anyone tell me if there is a place to fish in Roatan that is not on an excursion? My husband would like to go fishing but would really just like to maybe go to a pier or something like that.

I asked it in the Roatan page but no one has answered. Wondered if anyone here knew.

Thanks in advance

First you need to see if there are fishing licenses required to do this.

For pier fishing there's a walking pier at the beach in Mahogany Bay (where you'll probably dock) past the cabanas that juts out into the entrance of the channel. Another option is down on West Bay/West End at the piers there or along the beaches.

There are a number of fly fishing and deepsea fishing charters out of Roatan. http://www.roatanisland.net/fishing.htm

Several of the private beach communities and condo complexes in Roatan have fishing piers but I'm not sure if there's public access. http://www.roatanet.com/listing/roatan-hotels-resorts.php

Archived