Recent Jewel cruisers - what time did you dock in Orlando?

Micchi

It can be longer to Orlando from Port Canaveral as the main road is the "Bee Line Expressway." (or "Beach Line Expressway" as they call it now.). It is a toll road and you will be making toll booth stops.

The toll booths can really tie up traffic on the Bee Line and Disney is still further south on I-4. I would say 90 minutes each way if you don't hit a lot of traffic.

Remember to leave yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship in case you hit one of the horrendous traffic tie ups on the Bee Line.

I agree..especially if you hit the period between 5 and 7 because traffic is terrible in the Orlando/Disney area at that time. I live near I-4 about an hour from Disney and I avoid rush hour and park closing time whenever I have to drive to Orlando. Traffic is also unpredictable on Florida highways. Sometimes I can make it to Tampa in 20 minutes..and other times it takes an hour, depending on traffic, if there is an accident, construction, etc. Be careful you do not miss the ship!

I have to admit, I would never try to visit any of the parks for a few hours. They are VERY expensive and you will wait in lines to get in, to go on rides, to park, to eat, go to the bathroom and pretty much everything you do there. The space center is wonderful and if you have kids, they will love it and its much closer. If you like wildlife, there are some nice areas near Port Canaveral where you can see birds and alligators while driving around in your car. The beaches are also very pretty and quiet.

Archived