Labour Day is Monday - Real quick question....

sarahksmom

Here's what Bermuda-online ( http://bermuda-online.org/pubhols.htm ) writes about Labour Day in Bermuda:

• Buses and ferries are on a much-reduced Sunday schedule.
  • Many taxis do not operate.
  • Tour operators may not operate or may have reduced services.

If the ferry is on the Sunday schedule, there would be no service between the Dockyard and St George's.

If that ferry is not running, then you would take the ferry to Hamilton and then the bus or taxi to SG. I believe the taxi would have a 25% surcharge on the fare which would make it very expensive.

Maybe a local will respond and provide first hand information

SBtS

I called the ferry terminal and the lady that answered the phone said that on Labour Day, the Dockyard/Hamilton/St George ferry will be running on the usual Monday-Friday schedule. I also asked if there would be a direct ferry from Dockyard to St. Georges and she said there would be. I guess they're keeping the regular schedule due to the cruise ships but I'd double-check this when you arrive, just in case anything changes due to the weather - if the sea is rough, they tend to cancel the St. Georges ferry because it runs along the North side of the island, which can get rough when bad weather is passing offshore.

As for the rain, if it does rain in Bermuda, it doesn't tend to last very long (usually). We do need the rain so I hope it rains overnight and the sun shines during the day so you can enjoy Tobacco Bay (and I can enjoy my BBQ)!

Safe voyage!

Archived