couple of ecstasy questions...

amos3

This is our 3rd cruise and we usually like to board ASAP. My question is what's the earliest that you boarded the Ecstasy? I know we leave at 4pm.

Also, I've heard horror stories about the manager in the internet cafe, but how early can you go in there and do you have a price on packages in there?

Thanks. Can't wait to get on board!

Amy

Thanks for the info. I'm glad to know that we can get there at 11am. Did you have a good cruise?

Maybe someone else will have info on the cafe. I thought about using it this time instead of phone calls to home.

Amy

Excellent time! Ship was clean...food was good...weather was beautiful! Couldn't ask for a better cruise. Crew was great too, except for this little grumpy guy at the pizza station. He seemed to be in a bad mood the whole time, but that didn't damper me, I was just extra nice to him, which I think it made him more grumpy! *lol* :p

Do you have a roll call going? Check it out if you don't. We met Fighterone and her DH Zoomer from these boards and a few others. Had the time of our lives, and are now planning our next adventure together on the Rhapsody. Can't wait!

When do you sail?

That's great! I'm so excited about going. We leave next Saturday the 26th. I'll watch out for the pizza guy ;)

No, I don't have a roll call going. I've been looking for someone who has and the only person I've even seen mention going the same time is JenJen and we've been talking ever since. I'll try the roll call though.

Have fun on the Rhapsody!

Amy

Thanks Txcruiser! We are definitely going to try and get there as early as possible. In fact, we're staying at a hotel in Galveston Friday night and they're taking us to the terminal Saturday morning. Did you use the internet cafe? I just hate spending 9.00 a minute for a phone call.

Well yes we did..We were not to crazy about the guy who was running the internet cafe!!But of course we did not let that ruin our cruise!!Well have a great trip!We loved the ecstasy so much that we tried booking a trip back on her in march but it was just too much $$$$$!So we booked a rccl cruise out of NO and i am alittle WOW about trying a new cruise line since we love carnival so much..but we just LOVE to cruise!

have a safe and FUN cruise!!let us know how it goes!!I will be watching yall leave from the port cam!

I agree, you can't let that stuff ruin your trip! I'm just happy to be on the ship! We love to cruise too! Do you remember what the packages were in the cafe? We went out of NO on the Conquest and had the best time!

Well yes we did..We were not to crazy about the guy who was running the internet cafe!!But of course we did not let that ruin our cruise!!Well have a great trip!We loved the ecstasy so much that we tried booking a trip back on her in march but it was just too much $$$$$!So we booked a rccl cruise out of NO and i am alittle WOW about trying a new cruise line since we love carnival so much..but we just LOVE to cruise!

have a safe and FUN cruise!!let us know how it goes!!I will be watching yall leave from the port cam!

We were on Grandeur of the Seas in early January. I did not seen anyone running the Internet Cafe there? Maybe I am confused. I have been assuming that the Internet Cafe mentioned here is where you go to email home, get emails, etc., and not a cafe with food. Why does it need someone to run it.

Amos3,

We're going on the Ecstacy on Mar 3. (4 day) In my reseach on these boards, looks like 12:30 is the earliest anyone's boarded - it also appears having your "Fun Pass" (as opposed to No-Fun Pass?) completed prior to boarding helps expedite the procedure. Lastly, check out the tips and secrets thread about some deal where if you have a porter carry your bags through check in it helps you get through quicker. Have mucho fun !!

Amos3

I just returned Saturday the12th from the Ecstasy. My wife and I used the internet cafe to keep in touch with our son. No problems from anyone and the prices were as follows. There is a one time connection fee of 3.95. We bought 30 minutes for 16.95. You could also pay as you go for .75 a minute. There were other packages with more minutes but I don't remember what they cost. We just went with this one because it was what we needed. You will love the ship

costpenn-I'll be sure and let you know how ours goes! We've done our fun pass, truly hope it helps expedite the process. You leave the day we get back :)

Don63-Thanks so much for the internet cafe info! I imagine we'll do the 30 minute package also. Do you remember when it opened each day?

I wish our cell phones would work!!!! But doubt they will :(

Thanks again to everyone,

Amy

Hey guys, hey Amy! :) I had a question for anyone that has had sushi on the Ecstasy...I'm not expecting Iron Chef or anything but how was it? Anything really good? Or just the standard roll-fare?

10 days! Yee-haw! :D

I think the computers are always on. The internet cafe is just really some tables on the city lights walk. The computers were always available, except for one time when the manager was doing some work on them for about 30 minutes. Hope this helps. I loved the ship it was our first cruise. No complaints

Thanks Don. That definitely helps. I found out something yesterday from Cingular Wireless. They say if you have international calling on your cell phone (which doesn't cost anything to activate) that it's only .79 cents a minute to call from Mexico. I went ahead and got set up with it, just wish I knew if it were true or not. Glad you had no complaints.

Amy

Ditto on what Don63 said. I never saw the internet manager nor needed him. It was open 24 hrs except during maintenance.

$0.75 per minute for per minute access.

$0.55 per minute for the 30 minute package...total is $16.95

$0.45 per minute for the 60 minute package...total is $24.95

Get the 60 minute package for checking your email because satellite linkup is always slow and it takes awhile sometimes to do what you need to do.

Deli guy wasn't really grump, just more straight to the point.

Cell phones...I took my Sprint PCS phone and it didn't work the whole time. I believe you have to ask Sprint to do something with it and I didn't want to be bothered nor had enough time. This next time I will though...our shipboard calls (2 of them for a total of maybe 15 minutes) were over $100.

Get a calling card or figure a way to use your cell phone. DON'T use the ship to shore phones in your room.

Thanks for the info TXRoo. I hope that since I got the international thing put on my phone, it will work :) I've paid that 9.99 a minute on the ship before and I don't want to go that route again. If my phone doesn't work I'll just do the internet cafe. I'm just ready to get on the ship!!!!!

Amy

Hey guys, hey Amy! :) I had a question for anyone that has had sushi on the Ecstasy...I'm not expecting Iron Chef or anything but how was it? Anything really good? Or just the standard roll-fare?

10 days! Yee-haw! :D

JenX...we had the sushi when we cruised, on her, last year. It was alright...nothing spectacular but not bad either. I wasn't terribly fond of the location and the hours, of operation, were very limited. Have a wonderful cruise!

We were on the Feb. 12th cruise and got on the ship by 12:15. It was great - no lines, no crowds. We went straight to the rooms and left our luggage then went up to the Lido deck to the Panorama buffet - food was OK there but it's all tinted in the awful blue neon that the entire room is lit with - ugh! We did most breakfasts there, though and the omelets were great.

Internet cafe was $16.95 plus $3.95 setup fee for a total of about $21 for 30 minutes. I thought the 60 minutes was a little higher than $24.95 - I think it was more like $27.95 plus (again) the onetime $3.95 setup fee. I would also recommend the 60-minutes since I was barely able to check a few sites, read and reply to my daughters' emails over 3 days (3 sessions) in a total of 30 minutes. I would have been happier with 60 minutes but I managed to get by (very quickly) with 30 minutes - ended the cruise with 1 minute left over.

Archived