Scooters?

allen.crawford

• 1 month later...

Hey, the scooters are a about a five minute walk from the pier. When you get off the tender, you will see a street that runs parallel to the ocean. Take a left onto the street and keep walking, after a few minutes you will see some scooters on the right side of the road. I was there this past november, the scooters where 50.00 (US) .You also have to have a credit card for a refundable deposit.

We would also like to rent scooters. Hows the driving in the caymans? What side of the road do they drive on and are scooters safe? Would we have to fill up on gas?

They drive on the opposite side of the road of us. It makes turning interesting. When we were there last...stop signs seemed to be just a suggestion and not a followed rule. Did not have to fill up on gas. I thought that the price was high, but over all we enjoyed the scooters.:p

We had the same idea abou the scooters? How big are they? Do they only fit one person?

They were nice, can fit two people (depending on the size of your butt!:eek: ) Of course, there is plenty of room for the person driving. Seat was elevated slightly in back for second rider (you get about 10 inches of seat). My butt would have prefered more ROOM, but it was still fun:D

• 5 years later...

make sure your medical insurance is up to date and has international coverage

renting two wheeled motor vehicles in the islands was a violation of a general order on my ships after too many phonecall notifications to families of members who'd taken a spill.

I don't care if you drive a Harley to work everyday, the islands offer:

* drive on the other side. Your first left hand turn or traffic circle will find you confused

* don't drink

* sand on the road everywhere - sand and bike brakes add up to bad things for the inexperienced

* don't drink

* the other tourists forget about drive on the left too - they step off the road in front of you with out looking your way.

* don't drink

* how well are those rentals maintained? Brakes? We don't need no stinkin brakes! But CI IS better than most islands.

* don't drink

* Having visited and driven, or been driven, on MANY Carib' islands I've observed many cute local driving customs.

* did I mention that weakening your senses by drinking is not at all recommended?

Archived