A word of advice

AndrewD65

The minute I hit the Lido deck, I want a DOD! Who cares about the tax?! :D

Whether in the airplane mini I always used to have as an OK deal...or what have you..If I can't have a cocktail when I board...NOT a happy camper:D:D. I'm going for dod next carnival cruise too..sjn.

Who likes to spend their first minutes..if you can have one...without that glow..sjn.

Why, oh, why do you people do this?? He pointed out he was telling new cruisers that may not be aware of the facts..When I was new, I didn't know that.. He never said it was 'new'.. Give people a break and don't be so quick to get uppity..

Point taken..we can get that way...sigh..usually it's good humor or sraight up quick and dirty answers.

Why, oh, why do you people do this?? He pointed out he was telling new cruisers that may not be aware of the facts..When I was new, I didn't know that.. He never said it was 'new'.. Give people a break and don't be so quick to get uppity..

agreed.

Whether in the airplane mini I always used to have as an OK deal...or what have you..If I can't have a cocktail when I board...NOT a happy camper:D:D. I'm going for dod next carnival cruise too..sjn.

Who likes to spend their first minutes..if you can have one...without that glow..sjn.

This was one of my complaints about Princess. You board and are immediately directed to your room. That fact that the room is ready is nice but no trays of welcoming drinks- I rather felt I was being hurried out of the public areas as quickly as possible. It felt quite unwelcoming.

This was one of my complaints about Princess. You board and are immediately directed to your room. That fact that the room is ready is nice but no trays of welcoming drinks- I rather felt I was being hurried out of the public areas as quickly as possible. It felt quite unwelcoming.

LOL..not a big drinker here but if you are from MT well; if you can have one;(and too often if you can't) most likely one will be an occaisional imbiber.

My big Princess cruise was with a TA big producer; 3 night FAM Star Princess...and I loved it ....good friend but too bossy...lol.....

So she informs me on upon boarding we will be going directly to the mini-suite to unpack..now we had you name it FREE on this cruise...

I informed her that she could be going to the room and claiming her little space all she wanted..I was finding our boarding drink come H or H water...

Learned that from few treasured trips with dear grandma...a little bourbon nip as soon as we got to room....

I won that round even though I was there on HER GOOD Graces...she joked with me.."a grandma thing I presume". sjn911

LOL..not a big drinker here but if you are from MT well; if you can have one;(and too often if you can't) most likely one will be an occaisional imbiber. sjn911

I couldn't believe that there were times on Princess when i couldn't find a drink- not that I drink that much but it's a cruise and when I wanted one I wanted one. We spent nearly half an hour after coming back early from shore trying to find someone who would sell us a drink. I was very surprised to say the least- I thought that one of the cardinal pleasures of cruising was being able to find a drink any time of the day or night any place you were.

I couldn't believe that there were times on Princess when i couldn't find a drink- not that I drink that much but it's a cruise and when I wanted one I wanted one. We spent nearly half an hour after coming back early from shore trying to find someone who would sell us a drink. I was very surprised to say the least- I thought that one of the cardinal pleasures of cruising was being able to find a drink any time of the day or night any place you were.

I am shocked..all those beautiful bars and venues..those ships are gorgeous..Diamond Princess I see..my trip was some time ago..2003 I think..what intinerary?

Length??

And being the ship leaves at 4:00 pm depending on what ship.....wait till the next day to buy so you get a full day out of it....saves you quite a bit plus the port tax.

Good evening..Sara:confused:monkey on head..smiles.

Great advice.

I intend to be that kind of a grandma at some point!

Thanks for saying that..she was..I had her until past 40. She had one a night..pretty stiff..and lived to 97.5..I took up slack where mom couldn't at the end and had a little moment recently accidently ending up where she passed. She was fabulous..sweet..but tough old MT gal..and lived through multiple changes, empowerments, and responsibilities. We did crossword puzzles to the very end....Yoko...Ono:D:(:).

[quote name='sjn911']I am shocked..all those beautiful bars and venues..those ships are gorgeous..Diamond Princess I see..my trip was some time ago..2003 I think..what intinerary?

Length??[/QUOTE]

Alaska- Anchorage to Vancouver- what? 8 days I think. I was shocked also. I mean, we did all right so I don't want anyone to think that we were deprived the entire trip, but it did happen a couple of times and it was surprising.

[quote name='5waldos']Alaska- Anchorage to Vancouver- what? 8 days I think. I was shocked also. I mean, we did all right so I don't want anyone to think that we were deprived the entire trip, but it did happen a couple of times and it was surprising.[/quote]

Thanks..more families maybe??? so they cut some bar corners...

My only one was San Pedro and the ship was far more than just TA's..it was you know the improvements on the Golden and early inaugurals; I think.

..ha ha..just visualizing some Classic ultra luxury cruisers on there who couldn't handle it at all...it was a great cruise for me and every bit as nice as a HAL one (IMHO) (shortie as well) with same friend. I will do them in right situation again...very surprising..thanks for info...sjn.

[quote name='Rosefloater']Sales tax in Long Beach is 9.75%.[/quote]

OMG Rose.

From states where it all comes from income and property tax..that is no good either..but just OMG.

MT has a tiny travel out of state sales tax in 3 big tourist counties last I heard but too out of date...we are too big a state for our infrastucture needs and population with no sales tax but none of us want it..especially with the deals in taxes and changes now.

[quote name='sjn911']OMG Rose.

From states where it all comes from income and property tax..that is no good either..but just OMG.

MT has a tiny travel out of state sales tax in 3 big tourist counties last I heard but too out of date...we are too big a state for our infrastucture needs and population with no sales tax but none of us want it..especially with the deals in taxes and changes now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to the idiot voters that voted for the increase in the city and county taxes.

[quote name='Rosefloater']Thanks to the idiot voters that voted for the increase in the city and county taxes.[/quote]

Yup..now is Long Beach your county???

Let me answer my own stupid question...no..but I am there frequently says Rose..think you are further inland.

[quote name='5waldos']This was one of my complaints about Princess. You board and are immediately directed to your room. That fact that the room is ready is nice but no trays of welcoming drinks- I rather felt I was being hurried out of the public areas as quickly as possible. It felt quite unwelcoming.[/quote]

See that's one thing about carnival I think because you can board so early, that's why the rooms are not ready. I would make sense if they pushed the last passenger off at 10 then started boarding around 1.

I think if that was the case then the rooms would be ready right away.

[quote name='sjn911']Yup..now is Long Beach your county???

Let me answer my own stupid question...no..but I am there frequently says Rose..think you are further inland.[/QUOTE]

Yep - Long Beach is still part of Los Angeles County. I'm about 1 hour from Long Beach.
Even better - Catalina Island (which the Paradise visits on the 4 day cruise) is also in Los Angeles County and the public school on Catalina is part of the Long Beach Unifed School District!

Archived