Atlantis Summer/Fall 2011?

Atlcple

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been posted already but the itinerary we got on-board:

19 August - Rome (Depart 5pm)

20 August - Livorno (Florence) (Arrive 7am/Depart 10pm)

21 August - Bonifacio, Corsica (Arrive 8am/Depart 5pm)

22 August - Ibiza, Spain (Arrive 11am)

23 August - Ibiza, Spain (Depart 8am)

24 August - Cadiz, Spain (Arrive 10am/Depart 8pm)

25 August - Lisbon, Portugal (Arrive 9am/Depart 2am)

26 August - At sea

27 August - Valencia, Spain (Arrive 1pm/Depart 8pm)

28 August - Barcelona, Spain (Arrive 8am)

Hope that helps.

Don't know if this has been posted already but the itinerary we got on-board:

19 August - Rome (Depart 5pm)

20 August - Livorno (Florence) (Arrive 7am/Depart 10pm)

21 August - Bonifacio, Corsica (Arrive 8am/Depart 5pm)

22 August - Ibiza, Spain (Arrive 11am)

23 August - Ibiza, Spain (Depart 8am)

24 August - Cadiz, Spain (Arrive 10am/Depart 8pm)

25 August - Lisbon, Portugal (Arrive 9am/Depart 2am)

26 August - At sea

27 August - Valencia, Spain (Arrive 1pm/Depart 8pm)

28 August - Barcelona, Spain (Arrive 8am)

Hope that helps.

Rumors are rife that not only will the itinerary change, but the ship as well (dates, too?). So, better wait a while before you try to book airfare using miles to be sure of what Atlantis is planning next August. I'm sure it'll be fun, though. ;)

Rumors are rife that not only will the itinerary change, but the ship as well (dates, too?). So, better wait a while before you try to book airfare using miles to be sure of what Atlantis is planning next August. I'm sure it'll be fun, though. ;)

The did this last time and it really stuffed up our plans. Care to share the rumours?

We were hoping to do a back to back to back (atlantis) to back but need to confirm the first and last cruise and flights before the end of october.

The did this last time and it really stuffed up our plans. Care to share the rumours?

We were hoping to do a back to back to back (atlantis) to back but need to confirm the first and last cruise and flights before the end of october.

...had a poster noting that after a recent call to the Atlantis office the word was the ship (Equinox) and itinerary (noted in another post above) were both subject to change. I suspect the exact dates, therefore, are as well.

Those onboard this year's Med cruise who reserved for next year were supposedly told they were not booking a "confirmation" of a specific ship/itinerary only the "right" to book the 2011 Atlantis Med cruise at the $100 per-person-per-cabin discount.

Atlantis alumns also received an e-mail on Friday stating that the 2011 offerings (in addition to what's already on their website) will be posted in "a couple of weeks." The message mentions 2 new cruises and "perhaps" new resorts. So, at least one of the cruises will be the Med cruise. The other cruise could be a Med back-to-back, but maybe something else (Rio at Carnivale, perhaps?).

Stay tuned, but don't buy any no-change/no-refund air tickets yet! :eek:

the Atlantis Alum e-mail message I referenced above. A little more info than I had remembered.

Here you go, guys. :)

2011 Cruise Availability Update

We’re still putting the final touches on our 2011 season, so watch your inbox for a few very exciting announcements in the next two weeks.

Our 20th Anniversary Cruise on the Allure of the Seas is sold out, and the waitlist is closed. Please understand that there is no more room even to add people to the waitlist at this time.

We will be adding at least 2 more cruises in 2011, plus an all-new resort or two. It’s going to be a spectacular year!

Look for an announcement in the next 2 weeks with some great new offerings as we move into our 20th year of all-gay vacations!

....Those onboard this year's Med cruise who reserved for next year were supposedly told they were not booking a "confirmation" of a specific ship/itinerary only the "right" to book the 2011 Atlantis Med cruise at the $100 per-person-per-cabin discount.

Atlantis alumns also received an e-mail on Friday stating that the 2011 offerings (in addition to what's already on their website) will be posted in "a couple of weeks.

We were onboard this year's Med cruise and booked next year's cruise. I just checked the papers we got on board and it doesn't state anywhere that we were only booking the cruise at a discount. It does state the ship, the itinerary (without the 'subject to change'), that it will be the only Atlantis summer cruise and a signature on the booking form by Atlantis that our stateroom is confirmed. I scanned the info we were given and attached it in this message.

I'm an Atlantis alumni and got access to the site because I was invited by BobEspungy from this forum, but haven't received anything from Atlantis itself (like an invitation to the alumni site). As someone who already has booked the cruise I had hoped that they would give us more information about what is going on and also included us in the mailing-list. Only because I follow several discussions here and on the alumni site I know that our cruise is still in flux. I e-mailed Atlantis today (again) to ask them to include me on the mailing-list, but based on previous experiences I don't count on receiving any response from them :(.

I hope that they will indeed give us more information in the next two weeks so I can (if necessary) try to change my vacation dates for next year. I already had trouble to get the original dates as I only have colleagues that have children and the cruise is in the middle of all school vacations. They weren't happy I took this dates and won't appreciate if I make a change :eek:

I hope you keep us up to date and share the information you get.

Cruise info.pdf

I received an e-mail asking me to fill out a survey (as an alumni).

The questions ranged the entire spectrum on what my desires would be for 2011 cruises. Whether itinerary, or ship or cruise line would be a deciding factor.

I was surprised that these questions were for 2011 and not further out.

I can only imagine the economy is increasing the vulnerability of charter companies.

Makes me wonder if Atlantis and RSVP joint cruises or at least marketing is close until the economy improves.

The deals on cruise lines is adding to the turmoil. Seabourn for $2199! HAL sent me a post for cruises starting at $399 for 7 days. This has to impact bookings for those not requiring a gay vacation .

I had considered booking a european gay cruise for 2011, but booked a transatlantic instead. A one week to 9 day med cruise as a solo would have cost me at least $2400 (for an outside) not counting airfare. Instead I got a 13 day on Celebrity in an outside with airfare and transfers. So the compitition for bookings has got to make charters a real bitch. I wish Atlantis and RSVP all the best.

In the meantime I anxiously await the RSVP Hawaii trip next month. Volcanoes, lava tubes, beautiful scenery........and husband hunting. What more could a guy ask for.

We were onboard this year's Med cruise and booked next year's cruise. I just checked the papers we got on board and it doesn't state anywhere that we were only booking the cruise at a discount. It does state the ship, the itinerary (without the 'subject to change'), that it will be the only Atlantis summer cruise and a signature on the booking form by Atlantis that our stateroom is confirmed. I scanned the info we were given and attached it in this message.

I hope you keep us up to date and share the information you get.

I did not book the 2011 Med cruise while I was onboard the Venice/Athens one, but have friends who did. They're the ones who told me that they were told (maybe in person, not on the Agreement Form) that they were getting the right to the discount, but the actual itinerary, ship and dates were TBD. It certainly doesn't seem proper to "confirm your cabin" when it might not be the Equinox that Atlantis will use next summer. I didn't read your attachment, but I'd be surprised if there's not disclaimer langauge somewhere therein that lets Atlantis make changes. And, of course, until they debit your credit card, it's probably a non-binding agreement, anyway.

Atlantis is not known for good pre-cruise service - especially a year-out from a cruise. So, if I were you, I'd wait to do anything further until the formal announcement is made. (BTW, I wouldn't hold my breath that it'll be in 2 weeks, either.)

Don't mean to sound "down" on Atlantis - I love their product and always consider it first before looking elsewhere. But, I do look elsewhere and I think I'll be on the RSVP Med cruise next summer. It's early July, 7 nights, Barcelona/Barcelona with port stops in Tunisia, Sicily, Rome, Florence and Marseilles. It's not the Equinox :(, but the Niew Amsterdam (a Holland America ship) is new in 2010.

Keep the faith, guys. ;)

Here's a post from the Atlantis Alum site regarding the survey that some Alums received. I did not receive it. It does seem obvious, though, that the 2011 summer Med cruise dates, ship and itinerary are very much in flux. Stay tuned. :rolleyes:

The survey was comparing 4 or 5 different Med Cruise itineraries for 2011: Only one was a 7-day Venice to Athens route just like your 2010 cruise but with Kusadasi replacing Istanbul.

The rest were mostly Rome to Barcelona routes, some with Lisbon and Cadiz, some without, and 7-day, 9-day and 10-day variations. We are pushing hard for the Lisbon/ Cadiz ports cause they'll be brand new for us.

We just had dinner with some friends; one of whom participated in a survey for Atlantis about possible upcoming cruises. He said one of the questions was about an Australian Christmas/New Years cruise that would last for 14 days. Has anyone else heard about this? Have any opinions?

We just had dinner with some friends; one of whom participated in a survey for Atlantis about possible upcoming cruises. He said one of the questions was about an Australian Christmas/New Years cruise that would last for 14 days. Has anyone else heard about this? Have any opinions?

I'd be all over that cruise, fellows. I was on the Feb/Mar '10 NZ/Australia cruise and would return to that part of the world in a heart beat. I'd especially like to circumnavigate Australia and see every coastal part. Perhaps that's the purported itinerary. :p

If Rich is true to his word, we should see something in a week or so.

Right now I'm just about to book the RSVP summer Med cruise Barcelona/Barcelona in July '11. I like the itinerary and, especially, that it's not in August.

Happy cruising. :)

I can't help but wonder if Rich has finally woken up to the fact that he's not filling his ships because his itineraries are getting stale. He's finally ending the Mexican Riviera run but even that this year hasn't made the cruise sell out.

To the people who said about going to Lisbon and Cadiz... that'd be a great change of pace. I know Atlantis did do a repo a few years ago that did call at those ports but another turn that was roundtrip to a port would be desirable. Wouldn't mind going back to Ibiza again.

Something tells me I doubt the ship would be a Solstice-class ship. Those are commanding great price points without a charter that means by chartering them Rich would have to spend more and we'd get saddled with it and he'd have to cut the prices in the end. Should be interesting to see how this plays out... until then NCL for me. :)

Ugh, I hope there's not a problem at Atlantis. We keep waiting for the official announcement of the 2011 Med cruises. We like having something to look forward to. I wonder what the hold up is?

I did the London-Barcelona cruise two summers ago. Cadiz and Lisbon were great stops. I thought Ibiza was very over-rated.

I hope they do go with a Solstice class ship. We've been on the Constellation and the Solstice. Solstice is a huge step up.

The problem comes with the Solstice is filling the cabins. It's a bigger ship which needs more people to fill it. If the itinerary isn't popular then they'll use a smaller, older ship. The Solstice was a great ship in March last year. I liked the open-ness of it but can understand the business sense of it and needing to see what the alumni like. :cool: Just a wait and see...

• 3 weeks later...

Just announced on while on the current LA-Mexico cruise:This is the full new Itinerary announced on board the LA/Mexico cruise.

August 1 - 10, 2011

Rome

Florence/Pisa

Monte Carlo

Barcelona Spain - Overnight 3am departure

Ibiza - Overnight 7am departure

Tunis Aftica

Naples

Ajaccio France

Rome

There is only ONE at sea day and that is leaving Ibiza.

Been told that all booked on the Equinox will have first right at the same cabin assignment at the Silhouette is the same class ship as the Equinox.

In fact it will be the Silhouette's FIRST full revenue voyage.

Just announced while on this years LA-Mexico cruise.

October 15 - 22, 2011 from San Diego.

This will be on Holland America Oosterdam

San Diego

At Sea

At Sea

Puerto Vallarta

Mazatlan

Cabo San Luca

At Sea

San Diego

"In fact it will be the Silhouette's FIRST full revenue voyage."

Wow. Rich is taking a gamble with this one for sure. While most cruise lines usually put their BEST staff on a ship to roll it out, there's always still some issues with the ship being new. However, with the ship's planned delivery date of July 23rd any significant problems would hopefully be fixed by that time period.

Looks like a good itinerary though! :)

If this is true it looks like Atlantis has lost a sale. Wonder why they wouldn't tell us about this when we called on Friday :confused:

Just announced on while on the current LA-Mexico cruise:This is the full new Itinerary announced on board the LA/Mexico cruise.

August 1 - 10, 2011

Rome

Florence/Pisa

Monte Carlo

Barcelona Spain - Overnight 3am departure

Ibiza - Overnight 7am departure

Tunis Aftica

Naples

Ajaccio France

Rome

There is only ONE at sea day and that is leaving Ibiza.

Been told that all booked on the Equinox will have first right at the same cabin assignment at the Silhouette is the same class ship as the Equinox.

In fact it will be the Silhouette's FIRST full revenue voyage.

If this is true it looks like Atlantis has lost a sale. Wonder why they wouldn't tell us about this when we called on Friday :confused:

Probably because it was just announced on I think Thursday with the pre-sales just starting (except for those the booked while on last years med cruises) on Friday on the LA-Mexico cruise on board.

Probably will not make it to the official website for another week or two but the office might start booking new people sometime next week but not sure.

Probably because it was just announced on I think Thursday with the pre-sales just starting (except for those the booked while on last years med cruises) on Friday on the LA-Mexico cruise on board.

Probably will not make it to the official website for another week or two but the office might start booking new people sometime next week but not sure.

We did pre-book on the Med cruise this year - a either a S1 or CS. We called so that we could plan flights which, if we book before the end of the month will be discounted by about 900 each. I don't think it would have hurt them to just say that it had changed - especially if they had already anounced it on-board.

Remember all the Atlantis "kids" running around on the cruise? Those are the same people who staff the office. Don't expect much out of them on the pre-cruise side - they are not travel agents and they are probably the last to know anyway.

It is quite annoying that we are already almost in November and there are no definite plans yet. The longer it takes, the lower the probability we will go on this one - as flights will be hard to come by.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived