What areas do I bid for Priceline in Miami?

burm

There is a lengthy thread on "winning bids" but they do not like if people "get off track" by asking general questions.

We will be staying in Miami one night before the cruise and 3 after. I am thinking of bidding on the Miami airport area for the single night before, because most airport hotels have shuttles, and something more interesting for the 3 days after.

The Miami beach area is divided into several sections: North Miami Beach, South Beach Central, South beach, Collins Ave Oceanfront, South Beach Ocean Drive, and Southwest Miami. :confused:

Which of these areas would be most desirable for 3 days. Convenient for shopping, restaurants, beach, etc? Any areas I should avoid?

At this point we are not thinking of renting a car so access to the water taxis would be best.

Any help and thoughts would be appreciated. We have never spent time in Miami before and want to hit all the typical tourists highlights.

Would I be better off bidding on Miami downtown for the night before the cruise? I would have to pay for a taxi from the airport but the cost for the taxi to the cruiseport would be much lower and this might put us in a more convenient area for the first night.

Which area would I bid on to get closest to the cruiseport???

For the night before the cruise we stayed in the downtown Miami area(11/30/09). We got the Hyatt Regency through priceline for 47/night. We are now looking again and cannot get that rate as of yet(if ever).

Walking distance from the hotel there was a CVS, restaurants etc. We walked to bayside but some may take a cab there. There are restaurants like Bubba Gumps and shops and a food court. We took a cab to South Beach for $18 and to the cruise port for like $12 for 5 people.

I interested to know what is the lowest rate accepted on priceline. I was rejected up to $61 I think it was for our cruise on 12/4/10.

Archived