? Transfer from port everglades to airport

atrame

Wondering if anyone know of trafer company for party of 8. Rc doesn't have avalibility for Nov 11 return. I would like to book prior to cruise so we don't have to wait in the long taxi lines. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Then I would actually suggest a taxi. :) It will cost you about $15.00 each cab, for two cabs. I think that is way cheaper than any shuttle bus service. I know a shuttle van costs $9.00 per person.

Whether you will have to wait in a long line is debatable; we have disembarked twice at Fort Lauderdale, once at Oasis' pier and once at the other pier and we waited maybe 1-2 minutes. Cabs are absolutely lined up, ready to go.

If you insist on a shuttle service, SAS Transportation is recommended here often. You can google their website for rates and info.

Wondering if anyone know of trafer company for party of 8. Rc doesn't have avalibility for Nov 11 return. I would like to book prior to cruise so we don't have to wait in the long taxi lines. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!

On two recent cruises from Fort Lauderdale we had no wait at the pier for a taxi to the airport. There was someone there who asked where we were going - we said airport - and we were immediately put in a cab. Tons of cabs waiting!

Considering all the luggage, 4 in a cab might not do it. However, there are plenty of van type taxis available that have alot of space for luggage. We took one last week (5 of us) and alot of luggage and it was still $15+tip.

Considering all the luggage, 4 in a cab might not do it. However, there are plenty of van type taxis available that have alot of space for luggage. We took one last week (5 of us) and alot of luggage and it was still $15+tip.

We need to do the same journey in November. Do you recall if the "van type taxis" are 'shared' rides, as there are only two of us? Many thanks for your help.

We need to do the same journey in November. Do you recall if the "van type taxis" are 'shared' rides, as there are only two of us? Many thanks for your help.

The van's we get are the minivan type and are not shared... they usually are in the regular taxi line. A taxi dispatcher can pull one up for you. Last week, getting off the Emerald, there was a uniformed sheriff deputy who did that just expediting the traffic flow.

However, we have in the past taken a larger van that is shared that holds many people....no savings in taking those and are alot slower. Cost would be per person (usually about $7-10pp)

Two of you would be very comfortable in a regular taxi...cost would still be about the same..$15 +/- plus tip.

^ Yes, agreed. That's what I said in my post, #2. I didn't want to mention this but I will so no one gets taken advantage of, but we were hustled over to a line where the dispatcher wanted to put us in a shared van shuttle. Upon seeing the 4 of us and our luggage, he simply said, "Do you need a van?" We said yes, thinking he meant a larger taxi. No, he meant a shared van and told us it would be $9.00 each. We quickly turned around and said "No, thanks." The taxi dispatcher helped us into a large sedan that fit us all nicely.

Just be careful. :)

Archived