FYI new military program finally

cacy6893076

Yes, prior service counts as long as you meet this third requirement as taken from the Princess Announcement:

c. Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone in any of the United States service divisions listed above or in the Canadian National Defense. Proper identification in the form of a DD 214, plus a current photo ID is required. For Canadians, the WHITE N.D.21 Identification Card is used.

I just called. When she mentioned the DD214, I said, can't my ID card do? She asked the color (blue) and said that would be fine. One other color was OK, I think grey.

I scanned my ID in with my DL (passport photo also OK) for the "current photo" requirement (copier set to photo/text & scanner set to 300dpi greyscale max quality). I'll send an email tonight with the preceeding, my name, booking number, ship and sail date to: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com with the subject line "yield management"

If it doesn't work, I'll report back here.

It can also be mailed or faxed.

PS- I believe all this must be accomplished at least a week before sail date.

This may have already been asked, but do the OBC's only apply to active duty and retired or does prior service count as well.

Thanks for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, there's no question about it and no need to go searching Cruise Critic threads. Prior service definitely counts with minimum service longevity restrictions.

Click here for the Princess web page on the subject and scroll to the bottom for requirements, which are actually very straight forward for small print!;)

Semper Fi!

This may have already been asked, but do the OBC's only apply to active duty and retired or does prior service count as well.

Thanks for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

My DH is a prior service vet, non-war time, and we received the OBC. Thank you to all of the men and women who have served in all of our allies militaries!:)

Not extending the credit to our friends from 'across the pond' is a shame.:confused:

Well, hopefully one last post on the matter. I just got an email of our booking confirmation, and it shows the OBC.

Oddly, it doesn't show any free upgrade from our interior to a balcony. ;)

Twenty Six Days. Twenty Five, if you count arriving a day early!

No I'm not getting antsy. Really!

I would like to know more about this too. We booked through a TA. We sail in November and my Fiance (will be husband on the cruise :D ) is active in the Army National Guard. Who do I need to contact about getting the OBC?

Just Fax your Husband's identification along with booking number to Princess and they will give your stateroom a $100 OBC. I just faxed my husbands copy of his DD2 (?) and ID card to our TA to send into Princess. We actually received an email from Princess last week that told us about this perk. We were plesantly surprised. Apparently, Princess CEO is a Viet Nam Vet. :)

And now I've rec'd acknowledgment that they've issued me a $100 military OBC. I don't see it on the Cruise Personalizer, so I guess that takes some time or might never appear there. No matter. 26 days to go. :D

Mine never showed up in the cruise personalizer. I had my TA get me another copy of my booking confirmation and it shows up there. Try going that route.

Mine never showed up in the cruise personalizer. I had my TA get me another copy of my booking confirmation and it shows up there. Try going that route.

I was told by Liza that the OBC for Military would nopt show up online in the personalizer...ours didn't. However, some people have reported that theirs did show up. We have OBC coming from three different ways and only two are showing. My TA sent me the printout from Princess and it does show there.

I just went online to Princess to check to see if my parents received their $250 obc. It didn't show up on the main page under credits, but when I went to the Travel Summary page it was there. See below. But, it looks strange. Look at the last item. It's an onboard credit adjustment and shows a negative $9.22 ($4.61 ea.) as well as the $250 credit. Does anyone know what this adjustment might be?

Cruise Fare $1329.00

Govt Fees and Taxes $42.93

On Board Credit $250.00

On Board Cred Adj -$4.61

I just went online to Princess to check to see if my parents received their $250 obc. It didn't show up on the main page under credits, but when I went to the Travel Summary page it was there. See below. But, it looks strange. Look at the last item. It's an onboard credit adjustment and shows a negative $9.22 ($4.61 ea.) as well as the $250 credit. Does anyone know what this adjustment might be?

Cruise Fare $1329.00

On Board Credit $250.00

On Board Cred Adj -$4.61

Might be an adjustment in one of the govt fees and taxes.

Cruise Fare $1329.00

On Board Credit $250.00

On Board Cred Adj -$4.61

That's interesting. When I went to travel Summary, it shows all the info...cabin, our names, bed config, etc, but there is no reference to our cruise costs or pricing info there at all.

If you booked through a TA then you don't see the fare invoice.

My parents booked directly with Princess. They don't have or use a computer so I access their cruises through my computer, print their boarding passes, etc. for them. So, I guess that's why I can see the price, fees, obc's etc.

This is from an email we got from Princess. However on that day the web site did not have a clue. The email is great news, it just might take a little effort to get it.

A Vietnam veteran, our CEO Alan Buckelew recently shared his visit to that country on our new blog. Read his story and the reader responses here:

"… Those were incredible days for all of us, and like you, I hope that some day we can return with some of our other Fox Brothers to revisit our area of operations in the Central Highlands …" — John

"Alan … great story. I too have returned to Vietnam to put my 'Boots on the Ground' where I walked in my younger days. It was an emotional ride for me but I discovered …" — Dave

"Thanks for your dedication and service to our country. Reading your story gives me hope for our many soldiers overseas for a safe return and the ability to share their stories." — Ardith

On Veterans Day and every day, Princess Cruises® would like to thank the brave men and women of the American and Canadian military for their service. On every sailing, we offer an onboard credit of up to $250 per stateroom* to both active and retired military personnel.* Use this credit towards onboard amenities such as The Sanctuary®, Photo & Video Gallery, specialty restaurants, services at the Lotus Spa® and more.

Onboard credit amount per stateroom*:

Cruise Length Amount

6 days or less $50 per stateroom

7–13 days $100 per stateroom

14 days or longer $250 per stateroom

On behalf of Princess Cruises, we hope that you have a memorable Veterans Day holiday.

Archived