While in Southampton...

Classiccruiser777

My wife & I are taking the 12 September QM2 cruise from NY to Southampton then continuing on to the Med. While in Southampton I have read that Cunard provides free bus service to the West Quay shopping area. If this is so does anyone know what time this service starts? Also, do the passengers that are continuing on to the Med have a separate disembarkation/boarding area? The reason I ask is that I would like to know if we would be able to come and go as we please without having to wait in line to board the ship. Thank you in advance.

My wife & I are taking the 12 September QM2 cruise from NY to Southampton then continuing on to the Med. While in Southampton I have read that Cunard provides free bus service to the West Quay shopping area. If this is so does anyone know what time this service starts? Also, do the passengers that are continuing on to the Med have a separate disembarkation/boarding area? The reason I ask is that I would like to know if we would be able to come and go as we please without having to wait in line to board the ship. Thank you in advance.

It starts around 9am., there is no separate entrance but you do not have to stand in line.

A day or two before Southampton when people are receiving their disembarkation information (luggage tags, etc.) you will receive a letter telling you about Southampton and arrangements. You are considered in-transit and I have received a card or letter stating this and you can disembark at your leisure by showing this at the gangway. When I returned I just showed this again and was able to re-board the ship. On my turn-around days there has always been a shuttle bus operating but it might depend on how many in-transits are aboard.

Archived