Dream Concierge Level

jrbdad

Just looking for opinions -- has anyone looked at the new offerings of concierge level for the Cat 4 rooms?

We are thinking about taking our second cruise next summer and noticed that the Dream offers a "concierge level" -- we have really enjoyed the "extras" when we stay concierge at WDW, but honestly, the cruise felt like everything was concierge.

I think we'd like some of the amenities.

Thoughts?

We sailed in a CAT 3 on the Magic and it was great. The little extras made a difference. We got priority boarding, were able to book Palo before the reservations opened to anyone else, the spa held back some premium times for concierge guests. We were able to book everything either over the phone or by email in advance, or sitting in a lounge as soon as we boarded. No waiting in line for anything, ever. If we needed something the concierge was a phone call away.

They left little treats in the room each day, I can't recall exactly what, but a bowl of fruit one day and some chocolate dipped strawberries another.

Overall the best part was just having the extra space to spread out in. We've booked a category T (1BR Suite) for our cruise next year and are looking forward to what seems to be some expanded concierge pampering including the private sun deck and pillow menu.

Thank you!

We would love a 1BR - but will stick with the Cat V (4). It's a little cramped with our family of five, but since we really aren't in the room much.

I like the idea of that private deck & the concierge lounge. Especially, if we can get Deck 12.

Thanks for your input - I really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

We usually book the Cat 3(Cat T) 1 bedroom suites when we sail because we are a family of 5 and we love the space. The Concierge services are just a bonus and have been hit or miss the past few years.

I'm sailing on the Jan. 30, 2011 Dream cruise with just my two youngest DDs and I booked a Cat.V. I hoping since the Dream has a dedicated Concierge lounge that we will see more consistent service. I also am looking forward to private sundeck as well. Last Saturday was my 120 day mark and I was contacted by the land based Concierge team about a week before. They have been very responsive and I did get my Palo Brunch and dinner at Remy. They also took my dining table request as well as making sure I had the show time I wanted since the Dream will be offering 3 show times: 5:00 pm, 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm.

The only thing I'm not sure I like with the Cat. V is that it does not have the murphy bed like the Cat. 4s, it has a double convertible sofa and a upper bunk... not the ideal sleeping arrangements for a family of 5.

• 2 months later...

Well, it's a very expensive luxury for sure. We are hoping the weather next Dec. 2011 and Jan 1, 2012 will be great for our cruise. All we can do it hope. Can't wait to see the new Disney Ship the Dream. ;)

Archived