Bridge

Bridge Maven

I understand that they are going to start a game called 'uckers' - Board is very similar to a ludo board, same amount of coloured counters and principal ios basically the same.

However object and some of the strategy is different, with such terminology as

you six throwing git - someone who throws too many sixes

mixey blob - a player who has two sets of colour tiles landing on one square and have them all or some of them on that square

Hacker - someone who ensures the opposition gets a mixey blob leaving one of their own behind the blob then at the last throw they throw knock it off. This can be very dangerous as the opposition can get very upset at getting knocked off.

So if you hear any one shout 'Anyone for uckers' you can volunteer to play !:)

Best played with a couple of beers

There are many other card and trivia games available to play. You might enjoy spending time at the Solarium relaxing or reading a good book. I also really enjoy puzzle books... sudoku and nonograms.

I'm a sudoku nut! I love speedsudoku. (You can compete with yourself in practice. That's what I usually do because I am way slower than the others. Or you can compete with other people. It's so much fun and for me it's a real challenge)

However, how much time can I spend doing that? On a cruise with many seadays, if there is no duplicate bridge, I don't know how I would fill my time.

I have played bridge sometimes on cruises, but only if it didn't interfere with my trivia games. On my last cruise I showed up for bridge at the posted time and place, but no one else came. It's probably better if you have a foursome on your own.

I have 2 cruises booked for next year and look forward to my games almost as much as everything else. To keep sharp I play trivia almost every Thurs. with a team at a local sports bar. My cousin asked me to come after her first time and told the team she was bringing in a "ringer'. lol I play Tri-Bond (they give you 3 words or terms and you figure out what they have in common) on ships, too, and they always have one Tri-Bond question at the weekly games.

There are plenty of things to do besides bridge. Everybody knows stuff, so don't feel shy about joining a trivia team onboard. Everyone is friendly. It's a lot of fun, especially when the women beat the men in Battle of the Sexes.

Archived