First-Time Honeymooners

court1683

My fiance and I will be spending our honeymoon aboard the RCI Liberty of the Seas. We will be touring the Western Caribbean with stops at the following ports: Labadee, Cozumel, Grand Caymen, and Ochos Rios. We were looking into a few different excursions for each port, but we do not know about any of them and we were looking for a little advice. If someone could help us out with any suggestions or advice (or beware) for any or all of the excursion choices it will be greatly appreciated. The following are the excursions of interest:

Labadee-Escape to Malfini Beach

Ochos Rios-Dolphin Touch Experience & Dunns River Falls

Cozumel-Escape to Paradise Isle by Catamaran

Grand Caymen-We dont have anything planned.

-The Future Mrs.

My fiance and I will be spending our honeymoon aboard the RCI Liberty of the Seas. We will be touring the Western Caribbean with stops at the following ports: Labadee, Cozumel, Grand Caymen, and Ochos Rios. We were looking into a few different excursions for each port, but we do not know about any of them and we were looking for a little advice. If someone could help us out with any suggestions or advice (or beware) for any or all of the excursion choices it will be greatly appreciated. The following are the excursions of interest:

Labadee-Escape to Malfini Beach

Ochos Rios-Dolphin Touch Experience & Dunns River Falls

Cozumel-Escape to Paradise Isle by Catamaran

Grand Caymen-We dont have anything planned.

-The Future Mrs.

Congratulations! Important question: What time of year are you cruising?

Labadee - is a private beach area on the Haitian coast owned and operated by RCI. You really don't need to do any excursions, because there is a huge beach with plenty of chairs, and a great BBQ buffet lunch! This is already included, so save your money and use what you've already paid for. BTW - Labadee is a TENDER port, and it's not guaranteed that you'll get there, if the weather is bad. That's why I asked the time of year you're cruising.

Ocho Rios - I doubt you'll be able to do the Dolphin thing AND Dunn's River Falls at the same time. It would be one or the other. Dunn's River is an all-day excursion. I've done it (years ago) and it was great! Some people really hate Jamaica (lots of very pushy vendors!), and some people really love it. Check out the Ports of Call Board. I've avoided "dolphin encounters" since I did one in Mexico many years ago. Many are captured from the wild and must live in closely-confined pens. Just my thoughts.

Cozumel - one of my favorite ports, but there are usually a large number of ships there on any weekday. So....lots of crowds! I usually go to Paradise Beach on my own, but if you're a first-time cruiser, your excursion sounds good. Snorkeling and beach day.

Grand Cayman - probably the most often-missed port ever! It's a TENDER port, and because of the protected coral reefs, ships must anchor a long way out. I was lucky...three cruises and made it each time. (Also stayed there a few times on land vacations). But again, if there are large swells or any other weather-related issues, you won't get there. My favorite excursion was Sting Ray City (if you're into that sort of thing). I usually grab a taxi to the 7-mile public beach area, though. You have to pay for a beach chair, but the beach is gorgeous!! Again...MANY ships there at the same time, and the tender area is small, very crowded, and confusing! Both coming and going

If you're first-time cruisers, check out the Ports of Call Board, and DEFINITELY use the ship-sponsored excursions!

Hope this helps!

Labadee - ... BTW - Labadee is a TENDER port, and it's not guaranteed that you'll get there, if the weather is bad. ...

As of 12/2009 (9 months ago), the pier at Labadee has been in service. The chances of missing the port are diminished. In fact, two ships were there the day that Earl passed by.

Aloha,

John

As of 12/2009 (9 months ago), the pier at Labadee has been in service. The chances of missing the port are diminished. In fact, two ships were there the day that Earl passed by.

Aloha,

John

Thanks for the info! I did not know that. All the more reason to cruise RCI to Labadee! Appreciate your post, and thanks!

Thanks for all of the advice. The Dolphin Experience and Dunn's River Falls are offered together as one excursion through RCI. So I would hope that they would offer them as one if it werent possible. We will be sailing in October so we hope that the weather is good.

Archived