cruise price reduced

aga

Absolutely, call your TA ASAP, as explained below.

This situation occurred over the past five hours, resulting in our saving $1,000.00 on our next (following SB Sojourn--Norwegian Fjords in five days) cruise on Cunard.

No doubt this would also apply to Seabourn.

Yesterday, received a new Cunard brochure with pricing on a QV late March-April 16-day trip from Ft. Lauderdale to, ultimately Southhampton. We originally booked this cruise a month ago through our TA, and made the first deposit. The "reduced, special" price quoted for our category stateroom in this brochure was approximately $600.00 per person less than what we paid. So, immediately called our TA, who had not yet received that brochure. She was put to the task. Result: an hour later, we were given the new, lower price. That was an immediate savings.

Then, as a bonus, Cunard offered us an upgrade for only $50.00 per person for a much better veranda (no obstruction) cabin. We took it.

So, it really "pays" to call the TA. I wonder how many other folks in our situation would not have followed through.

Regards,

And, see our contingent at the Sailaway on 09/15 on the Sojourn at Copenhagen.

Jim (Go Army!)

Absolutely, call your TA ASAP, as explained below.

This situation occurred over the past five hours, resulting in our saving $1,000.00 on our next (following SB Sojourn--Norwegian Fjords in five days) cruise on Cunard.

No doubt this would also apply to Seabourn.

Glad it worked out for you. In your case, it seems you had only paid the initial deposit prior to the drop in price, right?

In general, would SB or the TA always honor a lower price before final payment has been made? What about a price drop AFTER the final payment has been made?

The reason I asked it that I met a cruise veteran (on SB and other luxury lines) on my recent SB cruise, and he couldn't get SB or his TA to honor the lower price (he had already paid in full), but he did get an upgrade (from V1 to V6 category).

That is correct. I had only paid the deposit. That cruise is still six + months out with "final payment" due 90 days before sailing.

I have heard of a similar situation as you described--no hard cash back; but some other accomodation, particularly if the cruiser has a history with that particular line.

Go Army!

Archived