A Magical Day in Jamaica with Trevor

seajay829

We just got back from Montego Bay and give a very very high thumbs up for our day with Trevor.

He picked us up at the terminal in his very clean, airconditioned late model toyota van and we were on our way to Mayfield Falls. Conversation on the way filled us in on the history, culture and plant and animal life. He taught us a Jamaican folk song and stopped to quiz us on the smells of different leafs.

At Mayfield Falls he hooked us up with a guide Dennis, who held our hands and guided us through the river and the many pools and natural jacuzzis. Dennis had a dry bag and took many quality pictures with our cameras, saving us from buying the official pics from the official photographer who followed us.

Both Dennis and Trevor were excellent with my 7 year old daughter. To my daughter's delight, Dennis gave her a piggy back ride a good share of the adventure.

From Mayfield Falls, Trevor gave us a highlight tour of Montego Bay. We stopped at the Pork Pit for a delicious meal. I ordered a huge meal for my daughter and myself, trying many different local dishes and a beer or two, and it all came to less than $12 The setting was beautiful, overlooking the bay.

We ended our day watching the Sunset from atop the highest point at a lovely hotel and swimming pool area.

Thank you Trevor for a lovely magical day we will always remember.

:D

Where did you find him and does he have a website? There is a possibility of one of our islands being changed from Ocho to Montego Bay and if that happens, I want to be prepared. The excursions the ship is offering do not appeal to our family, so I would like to keep my options open.

Thanks

Dolores

-------------------

Star Princess - March 27/05

It took about an hour to get to Mayfield falls. It was a nice trip through the countryside with much to see, and Trevor filled us in on Jamaica and what we were seeing. His website is http://www.34.brinkster.com/trevhud...rs/default.html cell phone number is (876) 429-2803 and email is trevorhudlin@hotmail.com. We had a group of three and he charged us a flat $100 plus our $10 entry fee to the falls. If we had four or more people in the group it would have been $35 per person with the entry fee included. The Falls were uncrowded. I only saw a few other groups there, and none from our ship.

I can't say enough good things about Trevor or about Mayfield Falls. If you go though, you may want to think about which swimming suit top you wear. Mine was low cut and a couple of times I basked in the water fall and the water pressure from the falls provided a little more skin than I normally show in public.

Another tip would be to have some good water shoes.

Let me know if you have any further quesitons,

Cindy

Archived