whats not included in the price?????

littlemissk

Pretty much all your food is included unless you decide to dine at a specialty restuarant for which there is a surcharge. . ..International Cafe goodies are included.

Really? International Cafe goodies are free? I have never cruised with Princess before, and I've been reading about the marvelous salads and baked goods at the IC. And they're actually free? Yet a simple cup of brewed coffee there isn't?

With all the discussion about the charge for coffee (specialty or brewed) at the IC, I imagined the food came with a charge too. Especially seeing as folks have been speaking so highly of it. I'm glad to find out the food at the IC is free - that will be one extra thing to look forward to tasting.

yeah i am ... we pay our gratuities in with the cost of the cruise its actually listed in my price plan. i will glady tip any staff who i come in concact with but i'm not paying a nominated amount twice ...no matter how good they are!!:eek:

Hey... As a new cruiser, especially from UK, you stepped into an 'issue' here on CC. Fact is, a great many UK cruise packages include gratuities; if that's the case there is little reason to tip extra unless some crewman really tickles your fancy and wows you. If the gratuity is not included then one needs to be aware that crewman essentially work without pay or benefits, and the general passenger obligation exists that if they perform as basically agreed you'll tender the basic recommended gratuity. In that instance, the gratuity is not for 'above and beyond' performance but payable for basic straight up performance.

The cruise lines are masterful in 'up selling' the extras. But as others have said, it is perfectly easy and pleasurable to cruise with no extra charges. If you don't drink alcohol you have knocked the primary up sale out. Unless you want to indulge in specialty coffees, art sales, and spa treatment (which aren't a personal draw for me), it is easy to enjoy a free increasing waistline on deserts and food food food; see the shows, grab the tan on deck without spending a penny.

Enjoy!

Really? International Cafe goodies are free? I have never cruised with Princess before, and I've been reading about the marvelous salads and baked goods at the IC. And they're actually free? Yet a simple cup of brewed coffee there isn't?

With all the discussion about the charge for coffee (specialty or brewed) at the IC, I imagined the food came with a charge too. Especially seeing as folks have been speaking so highly of it. I'm glad to find out the food at the IC is free - that will be one extra thing to look forward to tasting.

With the exception of the gelato, the food at the IC is complimentary. Things like cashew chicken salad, shrimp salad, quiches, small sandwiches, cookies, mini pastries, pot du creme... etc... are available. Petite portions but enjoyable.

Please note, and no doubt I will be shot down in flames for this, but you can "opt-out" of the auto gratuities, and tip as and whom you wish. And the waiters and cabin steward you give this money to will need to give any cash you hand them into the overall gratuity pool and will thus not benefit from your directly tipping them except that their share of the pool will go up a little bit.

Bear in mind that the auto gratuities can add considerably to the cost of your cruise.

see above

Hey... As a new cruiser, especially from UK, you stepped into an 'issue' here on CC. Fact is, a great many UK cruise packages include gratuities;

!

yh they are included its priced at £178 for 2 people .. sorry no idea on conversion rates 2 u.s dollar?? my price includes flights, transfer, board and gratuities and food but is very vague about whats not included and the price .. hence my question and thanks 4 all ya replies.

its not common practice 2 tip in uk ...it happens but not 2 the extent of the uk and expect thats why its included in price :confused: xxx

You should be just fine unless you are a big gambler or buy a lot of expensive stuff in the shops, or take the most expensive excursions. Go on your roll call and you may be able to go on private shore excursions which not only may save you money, but may go places the ship's tours don't. They also may give you good ideas on what to do in various ports. Your son will be eligible for the kid's program, which he may enjoy. You can limit his spending by putting a limit on the cruise card he is given, you can also get a soda sticker for I think, $4.75 plus tips a day (paid up front) for unlimited soda or a more expensive Ultimate drink card for juices,smoothies and mocktails. You might want to search the thread function (use the search thread) for the teen program for some ideas on how it works.

Archived