Dive Operator in Roatan

CountessP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I dove with Anthony's Key Resort through Carnival. We liked it so well, we went back and stayed a week there. 20 dives in six days. We will likely dive with them again on an upcoming cruise.

• 2 months later...

I did a dive with Anemona divers in Roatan last year, you will have to get them to find transportation for you. I cant remember who I actually went though for the excursion, but it was one of the more popular private companies and there the ones who transported me there. The time line however was tight, so to keep things more relaxed you may want to go with Anthonys Key Resort.

• 3 weeks later...

Bananarama was fantastic. Great scenic ride to the shop. My BC's inflator hose cracked and the DM ran back to the shop to get me a spare - no charge! Great hammocks on the beach to relax during surface intervals.

Bananarama was great. I'll be going back there in May and December next year.

Laurie S, when in May are you going? My wife and I will be arriving on Roatan on May 20th. We contacted Banarama, but they said they require at least four divers in order to set up a cruise ship dive.

-Mike

I did a dive with Anemona divers in Roatan last year, you will have to get them to find transportation for you. I cant remember who I actually went though for the excursion, but it was one of the more popular private companies and there the ones who transported me there. The time line however was tight, so to keep things more relaxed you may want to go with Anthonys Key Resort.

I second Anemona divers. I booked through Island Marketing.

We went with Bananarama in '09. Very nice outfit. It was a small very personalized operation. We booked individually as one couple and the only others on the trip were another couple from our cruise ship who booked separately, and a local realtor. We also enjoyed the beach and restaurant during the surface interval. Our price included transportation so it was very easy.

We just returned from a trip on the Crown Princess and snorkeled with Atlantic SeaDivers. They are a dive shop on West End and it's about 20-30 minutes from Mahogany Bay. They say they specialize in small groups and were great to us. Their website is www.atlanticseadivers.com

I'd go along with this recomendation....oh' I was with you.:D In all seriousness, they were great.

• 1 year later...

Great outfit. Super clean and very upscale personal service which is only 5 min away from port. Great price and super nice folks. Prob one of the better outfits I have ever dived with. Check out barefoot, you wont be disappointed. Small groups. Been there a few times and the most was 6 with 2 DM.

After having dived with Banarama (once), Barefoot Divers (three times), and Subway Watersports (twice), my recommendation is for Subway. They are the same price as Barefoot ($99) but they include transportation both ways. You'll pay an extra $20 per person for a taxi to go to Barefoot. Banarama also included transportation, but required four divers and I think it was more than $99. Those prices are if you have your own equipment.

We had our best dives with Subway because they allowed my boyfriend to go off and do our own dives. He's an instructor and I've almost finished my divemaster training. The dive sites also were the best of all three places.

Archived