Passion Island crowds

Tao Diva

Is Isla de Passion still part of the nature preserve in Cozumel? Do they limit the number of people on the island daily "for eccological reasons" as a reviewer on trip advisor said?

I ask because DH and I will be in Coz on the Triumph along with several other cruise ships and would like to find a quiet beach away from heaviest of the crowds.

Thanks for any insight.

Sorry. I'm doing a lot of research and mixed up my sources. It was a Playa info review, not a trip advisor review that mentioned limiting the number of guests permitted on Passion Island. I don't know anything about it. What has been your experience?

Did Passion Island by catamaran the first week in June while sailing on the Oasis of the Seas. My wife and I were told at this time that the island was only for passengers from cruise ships. On the day we were in port there was another RCCL and two Carnival ships also there. The island was far from being crowded, beach was great, water was crystal clear, plenty of food at the buffet, lots of island drinks and beer on tap:D, some free to use water toys and a cash bar on the beach if you wanted something besides rum punch. Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise:).

Thanks Keats! That is just the reassurance I was looking for. Several boatloads of us will be at Cozumel on the same day and I was hoping there might still be a chance at some tranquil beach serenity. Sounds Luke Passion Island is my best bet to find it. :)

We were thinking of going to passion island on can..It is 79 do you feel it was worth it?? It says at the top where I book non-alcholic bev then on the bottom it says you can have beer and margaritas...is this all day or just while you eat? It was kinda confusing..

When we were there in June, drinks were all the time. There is also a cash bar on the beach if you prefer something besides margaritas or rum drinks and Dos XX's on tap. I had no problem with the free drinks:D!! Food was good and and plenty of it. The catamaran to the island is a tender type boat,two decks with open seating on top; not a sail type cat. This was o.k. because it got us to the island quicker so we had much more time then if we sailed. Worth the $$ it may cost. Hope this helps and enjoy the Oasis!

P.S. My wife and I love Disney; will be there 1st week in December:)!

We were thinking of going to passion island on can..It is 79 do you feel it was worth it?? It says at the top where I book non-alcholic bev then on the bottom it says you can have beer and margaritas...is this all day or just while you eat? It was kinda confusing..

I think it depends more on what you think something is worth. If you watch a Corona ad and think you would much rather be there then it's worth every penny.

The rita's seemed a bit watered down so if you decide to drink them, get a shot of tequilla to go with it and pour it in the rita.

Have fun.

Archived