Boarding Time-need experienced cruisers thoughts?

MacBrokefoot

Taking the Dream on 1/1/11 out of Port Canaveral. I will be traveling with my parents, one uses a cane and the other uses a wheelchair.

Two questions - what time or how early do can we get to the port to get on board?

Second, does CCL offer any sort of assistance or help with the wheelchair passengers?

Is this something I should talk to my PVP about to put a note on their file that they may need assistance (they are booked in a wheelchair acc. room already)?

I would get to the pier around 10:30am. You can drop off your parents (and your luggage), park the car in the lot, and then walk over and join them.

Your PVP should be able to coordinate with Carnival and see to it that at least your parents, if not everyone in your party, be able to board early.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

We have cruised twice out of Port Canaveral and I would say plan on trying to get to the port around 10:3-10:45am so that you can port your luggage and get your parents in the line that will be outside the entrance door while you park the car across from the building. There will be plenty of Carnival reps at every stage of your embarkation beginning right at the entrance door to check your passport info. There is a big escalator that you will be directed up to the main level where you actually check in. However, with that said they have to also have an elevator to accomodate people with children in strollers or needing assistance so I wouldn't worry too much about that part of it. If you think that you may need some further assistance then I would call your PVP and discuss it with him/her. You really shouldn't have any huge issues with having someone there to assist your parents with boarding. I will tell you that they may hold you outside until they officially open the doors around 10:45-11:00 to begin the check in process, then you will be seated in chairs until your zone number is called to board the Dream. I am looking at that sailng as well so we may be joining you!!

I, also, use a wheelchair. THey will take you to the front of the line and to a special area to check in. Also, go to the carnival website where you check in for your funpass and send a request for assistance...they will respond back and make a notation on your cabin info.

Archived