Star AD - 10226 or 10228

jagergirl55

Hey Everybody!

We just booked our AD suite on the star, and I have a quick question.

Which room has the bigger / better balcony, AD suite 10226 or 10228?

The reason I ask is that on the deck layout is looks like 10226's balcony tapers in, since it is on the side, and 10228 looks like it's bigger. Any truth to this? I want the MAXIMUM balcony space, so it's kind of important to me.

Thanks in advance!!!! :D:D:D

Hi..I stayed in Cabin 10228 a year ago and I think that the Balcony would be a little larger. I can't tell you the exact size of it but it is large enough for long lounge chairs and a table and still have room. 10228 is a Romance Suite and was very pretty. They have redone the Cabins so I don't know how it looks now. I will be in the Balcony next to it on my Panama Canal Cruise in October. Have a great cruise.:D

10226 does have a smaller balcony due to it tapering with the bend of the ship. 10228 stays full depth all the way across.

Personally, I prefer 10226 because you have one less neighbor.

Gotta love your privacy!!:)

10226 does have a smaller balcony due to it tapering with the bend of the ship. 10228 stays full depth all the way across.

Personally, I prefer 10226 because you have one less neighbor.

Gotta love your privacy!!:)

I think I agree with you, if 10226 is still large enough to lay the loungers out straight out towards the ocean (not angled). Do you know if you can still do this in 10226? (BTW, I booked 10226 on the Star, hoping this is true, but can change it to 10228 if it is not.)

Michelle

I think I agree with you, if 10226 is still large enough to lay the loungers out straight out towards the ocean (not angled). Do you know if you can still do this in 10226? (BTW, I booked 10226 on the Star, hoping this is true, but can change it to 10228 if it is not.)

Michelle

Yes. Still lots of room for the loungers. Happy cruising!!

Ok, so I had 10226 booked, then switched to 10228... I think my PCC may kill me if I call and switch back to 10226!!! lol.

Thanks everyone for all of your input, I appreciate it!

Too funny!! Either one is absolutely perfect but given the choice, I would take a cabin on the end.

And don't worry about bugging your PCC. If they aren't talking to you they will just be talking to someone else.:D

Good point! I guess I'll just have to call and bug him in the morning then! :D

If you move to 10226, please post some pictures of the room/balcony when you return! Our cruise is after yours, so I will be most appreciative! :)

Michelle

Archived