Tampa Residents - Please Help Us!

WEDOFISH

We are sailing on the Miracle on JUne 12 and plan to stay at the Residence Inn West Shore, near the airport. We need the name of the some limo companies, and/or van companies that offer transportation to the dock area.Thanks!

Sorry, I can't resist. We had a bad experience w/Tampa Bay Shuttle.

Whatever you do, don't give your credit card # to reserve them. We did so & then the drivers asked us for cash payment. And then they charged our credit card both coming & going. They would not give me credit back & I had to dispute it w/our credit card co. Also, on our trip back to the airport, the driver had to stop 1st to do his banking (no lie, we waited in the parking lot while he went into the bank) & then stopped to pick up his lunch order before driving us to the airport. So..... just my opinion.

We likewise had a bad experience with Tampa Bay Shuttle. I had contracted them for a transport to the airport. The van was late arriving and each time we contacted the dispatch center we were informed that the van would be there in 5 minutes. Well 5 minutes turned into 65 and we ultimately missed our flight. After 4 months of spirited debate with TBS, I did get a refund for the cost we incurred to rebook our flight.

Net/Net: I would not recommend TBS, take a cab, better availability and reliability.

DB019,

I could kick myself after the fact. I wondered while we were waiting the more than 30mins at the airport to get picked up as to why I had not just planned on getting a taxi. I was trying to be thorough ahead of time & thought it would be nice to have the shuttle waiting for us. Not so with this company. They are not waiting for you at the airport & taking a taxi would cost just the same & be quicker too. I'll know better next time.

Archived