Breakfast, lunch and dinner suggestions in Condado area

Conanc

We are staying one night pre-cruise in San Juan and were just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good food/reasonably priced restaurants in walking distance for lunch, dinner and breakfast in the Condado area. We will be eating very well on our cruise for 11 nights so we don't need anything too fancy or pricey. :D Thanks!

I'm a "local" so I can't name places :rolleyes: but I didn't want your post to go unanswered :). Do a search for Condado restaurants on this board and you'll see lots of recommendations. Condado is chock full of restaurants, everything from cheap to fancy, and every cuisine you can think of! Many places have the menus posted outside so you can check them out before choosing one. Hope you enoy your stay!

We are staying one night pre-cruise in San Juan and were just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good food/reasonably priced restaurants in walking distance for lunch, dinner and breakfast in the Condado area. We will be eating very well on our cruise for 11 nights so we don't need anything too fancy or pricey. :D Thanks!

Where in Condado area are you staying? We've stayed at the Marriott Stellaris (and will be again this fall) and these are all fairly close to the hotel on Ashford Avenue. if you're only staying one night pre-cruise, you probably only need a place for dinner and breakfast.....should be able to get lunch on the ship.

Danny's International (~150yds from Marriott) is a good place for breakfast (and lunch) and is reasonably priced. http://dannysinternationalcafe.com/

Tiluana's Bar & Grill (roughly accross the street from Danny's) - good Mexican (think Tex-Mex with a Puerto Rican flair). http://www.tijuanaspr.com/

We haven't been to these places but have read (mostly) good reviews on CC and elsewhere. Will probably try out a few during our 5-night pre-cruise stay in October.

Via Appia - ~150yds from Marriott

Soprano's Italian Cuisine - ~1/3 mile

Latin Star - ~250yds

Cafe de Angel - ~1/3 mile

Yerba Beuna - ~150yds

Andy

locals love to have breakfast at the Panaderias y Reposterias which are puerto rican authentic pastry/deli/ coffee shops, i cannot give name due to forum rules but in the tourist zones there is one close to condado and another 2 in the historic district, 1 in isla verde.

This little restaurant is right in Condado- right near the Conrad Condado Plaza. It is a small, local restaurant that has a big wndow overlooking the ocean. We loved it!

2781115660104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2977682770104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2422331010104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

I second the vote for Tijuana's it's great! within walking distance of the Stellaris too or most of the hotels in the area.

Greenhouse is a small place down on the corner from the Stellaris right across the street from Walgreens on Ashford, it's got good food too!

• 4 months later...
I second the vote for Tijuana's it's great! within walking distance of the Stellaris too or most of the hotels in the area.

Greenhouse is a small place down on the corner from the Stellaris right across the street from Walgreens on Ashford, it's got good food too!

Is there any carry outs near buy to buy beer, liquor?

THanks

Is it San Angel maybe? At any rate, it's very easy to find. Walking from the Conrad into the Condado, it is of course on the left. It seems to me it's just before Wendy's, but I've walked that stretch so many times it kind of all blends together!

Thanks for the info! I am trying to put the picture of that restaurant firmly in my mind so when we get there I will remember how to find it. The Wendy's reference will help. I hear another restaurant that is very good is Ropa Vieja, 1025 Asford Ave. Condado (16 of 347 on trip advisor).

Thanks for the info! I am trying to put the picture of that restaurant firmly in my mind so when we get there I will remember how to find it. The Wendy's reference will help. I hear another restaurant that is very good is Ropa Vieja, 1025 Asford Ave. Condado (16 of 347 on trip advisor).

We eat at Ropa Vieja Grill last March it was very good. It is cuban food. We went on Friday night and got there early because much later without reservations we would have not gotten in.

Hi MDSue or anyone else that knows-

Do you have the name for this restaurant?? The one that's close to the Conrad in Condado?

This is the one that I am thinking of trying when we go in March 2011.

Thanks,

Laurie

If you look at the first picture, you can almost make out the name - it's Hacienda Don José. (Note: I'm not a "local making a recommendation," just pointing out that the name's visible on the photo :) )

Archived