What footwear to wear at Trafalgar Falls?

SISer

I don't have crocs or similar I have a good pair of walking shoes but I'd like to know if there is salt water (sea water) along the trail to Trafalgar Falls as I'd rather not spoil my shoes. I also have flip flops and sandals but I doubt I could tackly the walk in either. I am travelling and don't have access to my gear that's at home. If I need to purchase new footwear for this trek I'd like to do this soon as I can wear the footware before I am in Dominica. I would hate to wear new footwear and them have tons of blisters after a long walk. Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.

Some people just hiked to a viewing platform and didn't go any further, for that sneakers would be fine. But it was so much more fun to hop boulders and get wet (both hot and cold water) further down the path. And for this I recommend sturdy water/sport shoes like close-toed Keens or Tevas. No saltwater, but the hot water is fed by a sulphur spring so your clothes may be stained a yellow/brownish color. Flip flops on these boulders (some of which were real slippery and sharp) not a good idea. I bought my Keens specifically for my Dominica tour and they were super comfortable at first wear.

Archived