Quebec City public transportaion ?s

Susie51

I did a search for bus maps and schedulis, but everything was written in French. Does anyone know how I can get an English version?

We are taking the Quebec City and Falls shore ex which ends at the airport. We are going to take the hotel shuttle van to the hotel from the airport and then go back to places we would like to spend more time at. To do this we want to use the bus system if possible.

Thanks for your help.

I did a search for bus maps and schedulis, but everything was written in French. Does anyone know how I can get an English version?

We are taking the Quebec City and Falls shore ex which ends at the airport. We are going to take the hotel shuttle van to the hotel from the airport and then go back to places we would like to spend more time at. To do this we want to use the bus system if possible.

Thanks for your help.

What hotel/area are you staying?

Thank you for your quick replies. rtcquebec.ca/Desjardinsh was the most helpful. The other sites the schedules were only in French.

I am staying at the Comfort Inn Airport. I want to get to the lower part of Old Quebec City.

Here is a route map for you.

http://www.rtcquebec.ca/Portals/0/docs/pdf/HorairesEtTrajets/HorairesEtTrajets/Carte_Reseau_RTC_Automne_2010.pdf

There isn't a single bus that will get you to the lower town.

From the Airport area (E7 on the map), you will need to catch the #78 bus to the Terminus les Saules (G10) -- which is a suburban transfer station. From there, it is the #280 eXpress bus downtown (centre-ville) and then a transfer to the #1 bus at Place Jacques-Cartier (G15) downtown. The #1 will take you to the lower town (G17-ish -- that is the Gare Fluviale -- the Québec-to-Lévis ferry terminal)

Bonnes vacances,

Scott.

• 5 weeks later...

Unless one is going to a tourist spot catering to people from English Canada or the United States, you're not going to find much English anyplace outside of Montreal. Remember, the official language of Quebec is French. That being said, using public transportation is not a big deal since the most important aspects--the route maps and the times, don't require knowledge of the language. The most important words for using public transportation are the following.

Lundi au vendredi = Monday through Friday

Samedi = Saturday

Dimanche = Sunday

Vers = To

De = From

Horaire = Timetable

Carte = Map

For the most part, all the other words are details that are not essential. But using a timetable (or map) published in French is really no different than using a timetable (or map) in English.

Archived