Coming over to Celebrity after RCCL

BroncosFan2010

Hi Sista,

This is similar to a question I posed a couple of months ago and this is what I have gleaned from everyone since then. BTW I am sure you will find X ' s beds MUCH more comfortable than those boards on Carnival! I couldn't believe how very uncomfortable those beds were... like sleeping on a board! The very worst bed I have EVER slept on (we were in a Suite on the Legend). Anyway, here's what I have learned about X's cabins... good luck and have fun! Oh, before I forget... What I do is go to my ship (On X's website) pull up the deck plans and just compare... as all M ships are touted to be the same or very much alike, you can pretty much expect the same cabin number on each. Here you go... (I included a couple of other tips I learned along the way as well).....

" I've printed my tickets and luggage tags on the computer, BUT was told a month from our cruise I can call and order hard tags which I will do. Why not just call Celebrity and ask for luggage tags..... I did call. Was told they can't be issued because I have not been ticketed yet."

"If you want a large balcony at a low price, consider one of the "Sweet sixteen" cabins... They are on the Penthouse deck, Category 2C. The 16 cabins with extra large balconies are:

6021, 6023, 6025, 6027, 6029, 6031, 6033, 6035 and

6016, 6018, 6020, 6022, 6024, 6026, 6028, 6030

These balconies are about double the size of the other 2C balcony cabins, but you don't pay extra :o)

• sky suites on Millenium class ships are basically the same except the two that are next to the Penthouse suites. Those are much larger and decorated in the same way as the penthouse suites. We had one on Infinity and it was great. There is a walk-through door to the balcony but that did not detract whatsoever, the rest of the cabin made up for it.
  • The CC (Concierge Class) AFT cabins on Celebrity's Summit are shown online as having the exact same size balcony as all the other CC cabins, but - let me assure you - that the AFT cabins' balconies for CC are HUGE!
    I - at the moment - do not have the exact sq. footage - but they appear to be as large as the cabin itself in length and width as well. We had friends booked in 8 of those cabins and they make it well worth the signing up for them. There are a minimum of two lawn-type deck chairs, 2 tables and some regular chairs and those are just in the area under the roofing, which is half of the balcony. No wy you can miss with those cabins!
  • Deck 7 (Vista deck) has 2 cabins that have an angled balcony that is the size of a suite if not bigger. They are nearly 3x the size of a standard veranda cabin. They are 7049 and 7080- IN addition, they are very much more private, with nobody to your left and it feels like you are jetting out over the ocean. very cool...
    Similar cabins on deck 6 are 6053, 6048. deck 8: 8045, 8046. i would not recommend the ones on deck 9 due to overhang. Best one is deck 7 by a long shot!!!
  • Do not book 8108 on the Summit. Concierge class. Balcony is too small for two people. Obstructed view. And, smells of sewage.
  • Concierge Cabin 9038 on the Millenium is a great cabin. The balcony has extra room as it is on a angle. The rest of the room is the standard size for concierge level, but the larger balcony makes it very very comfortable. It had a large table for breakfast, two padded chairs and a small round table. There actually would have been room for a lounger, but we didn't bother to ask for it. A great room (and if you get Vali as your attendant - it's an added bonus!)"

Happy Sailing!

Thank you so much for this info!! I will remember those cabin numbers when we go to book.

I am Diamond Plus with RCCL and leaving on Celebrity Equinox in two weeks. This thread was really fun to read and made it all seem so much more real. I am so excited! You would think this was my first cruise. We have booked Aqua Class for 13 nights and I can hardly wait.

I love RCCL, Princess too and I'm sure I'll return, but this new adventure is very exciting.

Thanks for all the great comparisons.

Archived